Chapter 21

POV Emma

Everything's a blur...

I go in and out of consiousness, I hear people screaming my name. I just want everyone to stop and leave me alone. I don't want anyone to touch me! Get their hands of my body, please!

Suddenly I'm in a room I don't recognize. It's not the room I got shot in, it is not a hospital room. It must be an operating room cause suddenly a man with a mask on his face puts a sort of mask on my mouth to put me under.

POV Spencer Reid

We saw Emma go to the ground. She started crying, probably from the build up fear in her body. Before we knew it she went unconsious from the pain and the relief that it's over. Morgan, Jareau and I rush over to Emma to see if she is ok. The rest rushes to Mike to see if he's alive or dead and push the gun away from his hand. While they check his pulse I put my hand on her side to stop the bleeding.

"Emma, wake up! Please, just wake up." I say while putting pressure on the wound. "Come on, Emma. Stay with us." I say to her.

"Mike's dead. How is she doing?" Hotch asks. "Still bleeding from the wound." Morgan says. We see the paramedics come in and go to her. "Emma Peeters, 19 years old, has a GSW to the lower abdomen. She went unconsious about 10 minutes ago." Spencer tells the medics when they take over. They start to do their job and put her on a stretcher. "Is she going to be ok?" Spencer asks one of the paramedics. "She is going to be ok. You may follow the ambulance if you like." one of the medics says. "Yes, thank you!" I say. When we go outside, it is full of worried and crying students who are glad that it is over. I recognize a group of students. They are Emma's friends. When they saw us, they ran to us for answers.

"What the hell happened?" Brooke asks. "Emma has been shot. We are taking her to the hospital." I say to them. "Who did this?" Nick asks. "It's going to be hard to hear - " I say. "We don't care, just tell us!" Oscar asks agitated. "It was Mike." I answer. "I'm going to kill him!" Nick says and strides towards the building. I hold him of so he doesn't go inside and see all the dead bodies. "He's already dead. We killed him." I say and at the same time, the medics bring his dead body outside in a bodybag. "Emma needs you all right now. It's over and she is going to make it." I say to the group. They all nod in agreement and go to their vehicles so they could also go to the hospital.

POV Emma

I wake up to what feels like a very long nap. My head hurts and my side aches. I look at it and see that it's patched up. Memories start coming back and I remember what happened. My eyes start to water and not so long after, the tears start streaming down my face. A doctor comes into the room to check on me and wants to check my wound. They start to come closer and reaches their hand out to put my hospital gown a little up. I slap them away. I don't want anyone touching me. I want to be left alone. "I just want to check the wound and see how it is healing." the doctor says. "I don't care, get off of me!" I say, past memories flooding back into my brain. "I really need to check the wound-" the doctor tries to say. "I don't want you touching me! Get the fuck out! Don't touch me! Leave me alone." I say screaming at the doctor.

I must've been screaming really loud, cause Spencer, Hotch and Prentiss come into the room to see what was going on. They say to the doctor to get out and they go out to but not all of them. Spencer stays behind. "Emma, please. They really need to che-" he tries to say. "I don't care. Get out! Don't try to touch me! Get out!" I say screaming and crying. I see his eyes start to water a little. Why was he about to cry? He looked at me one last time and then shuts the door as he leaves. I was all alone in my hospital room once again, crying about the recent events.

POV the BAU

We hear running in the hallway. We turn our heads and see her friends running towards us. "We heard she woke up. How is she?" Nick asks. "She doesn't want to see anybody. Even the doctor needed to get out of the room. Emotionally she isn't good." Spencer says to them. "I wouldn't go into the room right now. Due to the emotional stress she endured, she needs to rest." Hotch says. "That's ok. We'll wait right here till she is ready to see us. The school gave us the rest of the month off so we could recover." Brooke says and they all sit down on the ground. Time passes by and by then the sun was down. Emma still didn't want anyone in the room. "Did anyone contact her parents yet?" Emily asks. "I had Garcia call them. Her parents are on their way." Rossi says. "Somebody needs to go in and try to talk to her. She needs to be checked. She can't keep sending the doctors out." Morgan says. "I think Reid should do it. You have the closest connection with her." Hotch said. "I'll try, but I can't promise anything. What she's been through is emotionally really heavy. If she sends me out, it is cause she isn't ready yet for close contact." Spence says.

POV Emma

I don't want anyone near me. It is still too fresh from when it happened. After the first and only time I've been raped it lasted 3 weeks till someone could get close to me again. It was then my mom who could touch me again for the first time. My dad or brothers were still a little too uncomfortable.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear that someone knocked on the door. I heard the door open and saw that it was Spence that walked inside and closed the door after him. Once he did that it was awkward. I didn't want anyone close to me yet and it was like he didn't know what to say. But there's something different about him. He radiates calmness. I feel at ease with him and I don't know why. It was like he could hug me right now and I wouldn't push him away. I feel safe.

"The team send me in here to talk to you. I'm not gonna lie, I told them you probably wanted some more time before you would want anyone near you. They want me to talk to you and let you agree for someone to look at your wound. To see if it is healing the way it's supposed to." Spence says. "Well, they were right. I don't want anyone to touch me. But still you came in here even if you knew. Why?" I ask. "I thought you maybe wanted to talk about everything that happened. To get that weight off of your shoulders. You don't have to if you want. I could also just sit here in a chair at the other end of your room saying nothing but also giving you the space you need." Spence says. Why did that move me. Him being so considerate. When I was raped, everyone wanted to give me hugs to console me. He wants to be near me but not to close so that I would be comfortable. Do I want to tell him what happened to me or don't I.