Chapter 9

I hear my alarm go off at 7am and get up. I get up so early because then I have the chance to revise some stuff before I have to take the exam. I put on some clothes and eat a yoghurt because with the stress I have I can't eat much. I'm just not hungry when I have exams. I brush my teeth and put my hair up in a messy bun. I sit down on my bed with my papers and revise some chapters.

Suddenly I hear a knock on my door. I look at my phone to see what hour it is and it is 8:30am. It was time for me to go and get ready for my exam anyways so I open up my door. "Hey Mike! You ready for the exam?" I ask him as I step aside so that he can come in to my room while I'm gathering my stuff to go to the exam. "Ready as I'll ever be. I think." he answers me. "Hey. You'll be alright! We studied together yesterday and I know you know the stuff. You don't need to worry!" I say to him. "I hope so." ha says to me while I have everything for the exam put in my backpack. "Come on. Let's go and take the exam." I say to him when I walk to my door. "Yeah. Let's go." he says as he got out of my room so I could close my door. "You ready?" I ask as I turn around to face Mike. "I'm ready." he says and we start to walk down the hallway of our floor to go outside. We pass some friends and wish them good luck with their exam today as they wish us also good luck. We walk to the main building where our classroom is to take our exam. I can see that in the way Mike is walking that he is stressed. "Hey! It is going to be alright!" I say to him as I stop him from walking any further. "I know your stressed but we studied together and I know that you can do it!" I say to him and he returns a stressy expression on his face. "I know. I can't help it. What if I have a black-out? What if I don't know anything anymore?" he brabbels. I take his head in my hands as I stand in front of him. "You can do it! I believe in you! Take a deep breath in and out." I say to him as I let my hands rest against side again. He takes a deep breath in and out and I see that it is a little bit better with him. "Come on. Let's crush this exam." I say to him as we enter the main building. "Thank you, by the way! For your help with everything." he says to me. "You're welcome!" I say as we near the classroom to take our exam. "Let's go inside and make this exam and after that we will go and drink something together to celebrate crushing this exam ok?" I say to him as we take our places. "Yeah sure. Let's do that!" he says a bit more confident that the exam is going to go well.

A little while later everyone is in the classroom. The professor gets in the room and starts with giving everyone their exam so they can start making it. Mike and I exchange a look and mouth to each other good luck. I show a smile on my face to Mike so he really knows he is capable he can do the exam. The professor wishes us good luck and says we can get started with our exam so we start. The exam is going really great for me. I find it very easy. While I'm making it I glance over sometimes at Mike to see how he is doing. Sometimes I can see a troubled face that he doesn't know the answer but then it turns into the face where he just remembers the answer.

An hour later I am done with the exam and I hand it in. I see that Mike isn't done yet and I decide to wait outside of the classroom for him. Half an hour later I see Mike come out of the classroom. "And?" I ask him. He comes to me with a troubled face so I think that it didn't end well. Fast enough it turns into a happy face. "It went great!" he almost shouted. I shreek and hug him and he hugs me back. "I'm so glad it went well for you!" I say to him. "Emma, I can't thank you enough for helping me with this exam!" he says to me. "You're welcome. Come on let's drink something on it! It is weekend after all and the next exam isn't till tuesday." I say to him. "Yeah, let's do that!" he answers me. We go off campus to a bar and get something to drink. Although I'm 18 and am not alowed to drink alcohol in the US I take a coke and Mike a beer. "Why don't you take a beer?" Mike asks me. "I'm 18. The legal drinking age in the US is 21." I answer him. "Ah. What is the legal drinking age in your country?" he asks. "When you're 16 you may drink beers but no cocktails. But from the age of 18 you may drink cocktails and other stronger drinks." We talk for some time and go back to the dormitory. When we're walking back I get a text from Brooke asking where me and Mike are. I text her back that we went to drink something in a bar off campus and are now on our way back. "So - you ready to take on the other two exams that we still need to do?" I ask Mike as we enter the campus. "Yeah. That the exam of today went good gave me some confidence for the other two." he answers me. "That's good to hear!" I say to him. I sent a text to Brooke that we are entering trough the doors of the dormitory to let her know that we were back safely. We talked some more with the group in the bigger common room about the exam of today and the exams that are about to come next week. We called it a night and went back to our rooms to get a good night's sleep.