Chapter 10

It was the end of the exams and I just got out of the classroom after the last one. I wait for Mike to come out of the classroom. He was almost done so I didn't have to wait long. "Hey, how was your last exam today?" I ask Mike and we are walking to the exit doors of the main building. "It was good. I don't know what to think about it. I guess we will see when we get our results. How was your last exam?" he answers and asks me. "Really good! I'm just happy that the exams are done." I say with a smile on my face. "Yeah, me too! Now we can relax and enjoy Christmas break." he answers and we are walking to the doors of our dormitory building. "Yes, indeed! But I have to pack my bags for tomorrow cause I'm going back to Belgium to see my family after a long time not seeing them." I say to him and we enter our dormitory. "Oh. You must've really missed them when you were here and they were all the way on the other side of the world." he says and we are walking up the stairs. "Yeah, I really did but we facetimed a lot with each other and they are going to pick me up at the airport." I answer him and we walk in the hallway. "Oeh, that's nice!" he says and we are at his room. "Well have fun packing your bags and I will see you after Christmas break." he says and he enters his room. "Yeah, I'll see you after. You too have fun in your Christmas break!" I say and walk further to my room. I enter and put on some music while I'm packing my bags and only take the essentials with me. After that is done I hear someone knocking on my door. I open the door and see that it is Brooke. "Hey girl! You wanna eat dinner together?" she asks me. "Yeah sure. Let me just grab my phone and then we can go." I answer her. I grab my phone, take my keys and lock my room.

We sit down with our food at a table somewhere and start eating. "So, how were your exams?" Brooke asks me. "Really good actually. But that can be a disguise and actually I have bad results. I don't know. It was a whole other experience then I had in my high school years. It was all different and I just hope that I did good." I answer her. "Of course you will have good results! I saw you study really hard and I knew that you knew your stuff. Don't worry, everything will be good!" she says to me. "And how were your exams?" I ask curiously. "Some were good, others less. I just hope that I don't have less then half the points and that I'm trough everything." She answers and I can hear the doubt in her voice. "Of course they will be good. I have faith in you!" I answer her back. We finish having dinner and then we went back to our dorms. We were going to talk a little in the bigger common room with our group, except for Mike cause he had to go already, to tell each other how our exams were and what we will do over Christmas break. I went to sleep early because I had a plane to catch early in the morning. Everyone said sleep well and to have a save flight. I made myself ready for bed went to sleep.

My alarm went off at 4 in the morning. I had half an hour to get ready and to go to miss Cohen who kindly suggested to give me a ride to the airport. I got ready and went out of my room and locked it. I was happy to see my family again after such a long time! I got to miss Cohen and she helped me putting my bags in the trunk. "Thank you so much for giving me a ride to the airport miss Cohen!" I say to her as she she closes the trunk. "Oh, you're welcome! I will also pick you up from the airport when you're back from you're Christmas break." she says to me as we are getting in the car. "You don't have to! You got up so early already to bring me to the airport." I say to her and she starts the car. "It's no biggy. I'm happy to help!" she says. "Well thank you miss Cohen!" I say to her. "Oh call me Astrid already Emma. You don't need to be so formal with me." "But you are a professor of mine. And you need to respect your professors." I say to her. "When we're here in the car and such you can call me Astrid and when we are in school you call me miss Cohen. Is that alright with you?" she asks me. "Yeah sure. I'm alright with that!" I answer her.

We get to the airport and I take my luggage out of the trunk. "Thank you again for bringing me to the airport Astrid!" I say to her thankfully. "You're welcome! I'll see you in two weeks again here." she says to me and gives me a hug. "Yeah, sure. Bye Astrid!" I say. "Bye Emma! Say hello to your folks for me will ya?" she asks me. "I will when I see them. Goodbye!" I say and walk into the airport. I pass security and wait a little in the waiting area to board the plane. Someone said that we could board the plane and I slowly get up and take my bag with me. I get to my seet and put my bag in the little storage space above my head and get seeted. When I see that nobody is going to sit next to me I take my bag out of the little storage space and put it next to me as I'm getting seeted and look out the little window. 'I can't wait to see my family again' I think to myself and the plane takes off.