Chapter 6

I hear my alarm go off. "Ugh" I sigh at the sound. I turn my alarm off and get out of bed. I get out of my pj's and put some clothes on. I put my hair up in a messy bun and let a few strands down on the side of my face. I put some earrings in, take my school bag and get out of my room and get on my way to the dining hall. "Hey, wait for me!" I hear coming from behind me as I exit the dormitory. I stop and turn around. "Oh, hey Mike. How are you?" I say as he is catching up to me. "Hey. Yeah, I'm good. How late was it yesterday? You were one of the last one up." he asked. "It was 1 am. I cleaned the room before I went to bed and Nick helped so we were the last one up. "I answer him. "You going to the dining hall? If you are, you wanna come with me? Otherwise I will be alone and I don't know anybody." I ask him. "Yeah sure. I was heading there anyway before I saw you and wanted to ask you the same thing." he answered me and we laughed a little.

We sat down with our food and talked a little. "So what do you study? I didn't catch that yesterday when we were talking in the common room." he asks me. "Psychology. You? I didn't catch it either." I answer and ask him. "Me too. Also your first year?" "Yes. Oh, is it your first year too? Wow, it is nice to know that I know someone in my class." I say to him a bit relieved. "Yes, it is my first year to and indeed. It is nice to know someone of my class. I thought I was going to be alone." he says also a bit relieved. "Hey? Are that Nick, Brooke, Simon and Oscar? And who is that girl with Nick?" he asks me. I look at the bunch and see the girl holding Nick's hand. "Probably Annie. Nick's girlfriend." I answer him. They spot us and came to sit with us in the dining hall. "Hey you two." Brooke says to us. "Hey Brooke. Slept well and ready for school?" I ask her as she got seated next to me. "I slept well but ready for school? I don't know. I guess we'll see after today." she says. "Totally. And you must be Annie?" I ask the girl. "Yes, I am. " she says a little surprised that I knew her name. "My name is Emma. Nick told me about you. That is how I knew your name if you wondered how I knew your name." I answer her and we laugh a little. "Well it is nice to meet you Emma." she says. "It is nice to meet you too Annie." I answer her. Nick looks at us satisfied that we get along. "So, are we going to do something after our first day of school?" Simon asks. "Playing some games in the common room, telling each other how our day has been,... I don't know. What do you guys think?" Oscar answers. "I think that is a good idea. Or we can sit outside for a little. The sun shines and it is warm outside." I answer. "Yeah, that is nice. Where do we meet after classes?" Brooke asks. "On the piece of grass before the main building of the school?" I answer her. "Yeah, sure. Are the rest of you guys in?" Brooke asks to the rest of the group. "Yeah sure, seems nice!" Simon says and the rest of the group agrees. "Annie and I are going to be a little late but we'll be there." Nick says. "No problem." I say. "We'll see you guys when you get there." I say and we finish our food and talk for a little while longer.

"I am going to class cause it starts in 10 minutes. Mike you coming too or are you going to stay another minute?" I say and ask Mike. "No, I'm coming with you. Bye guys." he says and answers me. "Bye guys!" I say. "Good luck with the first day of school!" everyone says who sits at the table. "Good luck to you too with the first day of school!" Mike and I say and walk away out of the dining hall.

"So when did you know that Nick has a girlfriend?" he says to me when we were walking to the main building of the school. 'Uhm, do I say that he came to my room or not?' I say in my head. 'I'll just say that he said that to me when we were cleaning the common room. As so it wouldn't be strange that he was in my room or something.' "Uhm, he said that to me when we were cleaning the common room. We just started talking about people in our lifes." "Ok. Do you have someone in your life ?" he asks me when we were almost at the main building. "No, I don't have someone. The only people that really matter to me are my family and they are in another country." I answer him. "How is Belgium like?" "Hahahaa. The politicians suck we have never had a proper government, for the rest amazing fries, amazing waffles, beer is good." I say to him when we enter the main building. "Also beautiful history buildings and some beautiful nature like the Ardennes and beautiful forests and such." I answer further. "Oeh nice. Now I want to visit your country sometime." he says. "Hihi, maybe some day." I say to him. "Well, ready for class?" he asks me. "I don't know. I guess we'll see." I answer him as we enter the auditorium and walk down some stairs and going to take our seats. "Well, let the school year begin." I say to him as I'm getting my laptop out of my bag and starting it up. "Yes, indeed." he answers.