Chapter 17

POV Emma

After I was done explaining to Hotch about what happened that day, I was looking around. As I was looking around I locked eyes with Spencer. I felt something inside of me turn. It was like butterflies in my stomach. I look away and shrug the feeling off. "How is the task of solving the case going?" Hotch asked. "Good, It's solved already. It took me just a day." I answer him. "Just a day. Wow, that's impressive. How did you solve it?" he asks me. "Well, it was a school shooting. Most school shootings happen out of revenge. The unsub or unsubs mostly having had a negative experience there. I looked at all the victims and saw that I could divide the group of victims in two. Everyone of the two groups being friends of each other. Looking at the interviews of the parents of the victims I saw that there was one of each group that was still alive. I looked into them and saw that they were each outcasted by their own friend group for no reason. Lewis Marshden and Sam McCormack were the two. After they were outcasted they both not attended school for a week before the shooting. It was suspicious to me so I looked at the interviews of their parents and they both noticed changes in both of them. Each showing more affection and saying I love you to their parents before going to school the day of the shooting. They never showed affection to there parents before and certainly never said I love you before to them. They helped each other killing there own friends and afterwards they committed suicide out of guilt. The bullets on the victims matching the bullets that were used to kill themselves. Their fingerprints also matching the fingerprints on the guns that were used. So that was how I solved it." I explained. "Impressive." Hotch said.

POV Emily and Rossi

"There is something special about this dumpsite to the unsub." Emily said looking around and after at Rossi. "Indeed. Each girl was dumped right here by the tree." Rossi said. "It is surrounded by numerous windows, how did nobody see anything?" Emily asks. "When it is dark out, nobody sees anything, but the lanterns were on. At what time did the unsub dump the bodies?" Rossi asks. "They were dropped here at 2 am, but they were already dead around 1:30 am according to the ME." Emily answers. "At this time everyone is asleep. Nobody would have seen him. But he is placing the bodies in a place where you can see it from every angle. He lays them each in the same way but there is a sign of remorse. He is placing their hands together like you lay someone in a coffin. I think it is not the end. He is working to some endgame. He revisits his crime scenes to remember what it felt like to kill those girls. To look at the faces of the ones who are grieving their friends. He is trying to feel how it would be like when it is time for his great masterpiece." Rossi says.

POV the whole team in the room where they set-up

"Prentiss, Rossi, what did you learn from the crime scene?" Hotch asks as Emily and Rossi come in the room. "He drops the bodies at night when everyone is asleep. Nobody would have seen him, so when the body is found, he can see the reactions of as many people as possible. He most likely revisits the crime scenes, from a distance or part of the people standing around. We also think that it is not the last. He is working to an endgame. These kills are to get a feeling of what it would maybe be like when the great moment is there." Emily explains. "He's a sadist. We may have seen or talked to him before if he revisits the crime scenes. I'll take another look at the interviews." Spencer says. "I'll join you." Morgan says and they make their way out of the room.

By the time they got through all the interviews, it was already night. Everyone was doing their own thing while not noticing the unsub dropping the fourth girl. A fifth girl was abducted and this time, it is someone familiar.

POV Emma

I wake up in the morning and make myself ready for class. The group and I make our way outside and the BAU was already at the crime scene. I saw a glimpse of the girl and thought I knew who she is. My curiosity got the better of me and I went to the crime scene. The group called after me but I just went further and they came after me. Once I saw who it was I was starstruck. "Nick, turn around and walk away. Now!" I say to him still shocked. "Why? Why do I need to turn aro-" Nick says while coming closer and seeing the dead body. "NO!" Nick screams and falls to the ground. I catch him and try to comfort him as much as I can. Annie got murdered. When Nick screams the BAU turns their heads to look where the scream came from. Upon seeing me and Nick, they came to us and made sure everybody would leave the crime scene except for our group. I'm still trying to calm Nick down but it is difficult. "Ok Nick. Look at me." I say but he won't. I put my hands on each cheek so he would look at me. "You need to breath ok. Together ok? In... and out..." I say, he nods and does the breathing excercise with me. After a while he starts to calm down. "Thank you, Emma." Nick says to me. "Of course! That's what friends are for!" I say to him. "Is she really dead? Is Annie really dead?" Nick asks me. "Yeah, she is. I'm sorry!" I say and give him one last hug before I see Hotch walking towards us with Reid. "Did you know the victim?" Hotch asks. "Yeah. She was our friend and his ex-girlfriend." I answer because I know that I need to be strong for the rest of the group. "Is it ok if you and Nick come with us? The rest of the group can go to their classes." Hotch asks. "Yeah, sure." I say to Hotch. "We will come find you once we're done." I say to the group and they nod.

POV Rossi, JJ and Emily

"Did you also see someone looking at the body and then at Emma and Nick with a smirk on their face?" Rossi asks. "Yeah, I saw it to. What if he is our unsub?" Emily asks.