"Summer's not hungry"

Amelia's POV

I tried to forget about Aaron and get over him, but the more time passed, the more I realized I still liked him. And the less I ate.

Even my mom noticed how thin I've gotten, she said it was worrying her.

I need her not to worry at all right now.

I was extremely anxious about this night, Jacob finding out about Aarons tattoo, I was honestly worried. So the minute he came in I sprinted over to him and whispered.

"Please, please, please. Don't tell a living soul." I say.

"Tell them what?" He whispered back with a wink and the weight on my shoulders dropped. I felt so relieved and calm now, I could start flying.

The boys went upstairs while I followed Stacy outside.

We were all chatting when I had to use the restroom.

I excused myself and got up.

Aarons whole house was designed by a woman, which is why I loved it so much. It had literally everything a woman could ever dream of.

It also made me wonder why Mrs. Matthews always chose to travel.

As I was walking down the stairs I saw Jacob walking out of the bathroom, and as the door opened I could see Aaron standing over the sink. So I hurried.

I went in the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

"Occupied?" he said, before looking up and seeing me stand next to him.

"What were you even thinking?" I say, slapping him lightly.

"What do you mean? Why are you mad?" he answers.

"Your Instagram story, you fucking idiot. Why, why why?" I say, stressed out.

"Cant you relax? I didn't exactly plan for it to happen, it just did. Im sorry."  Aaron says, giving me his sad eyes.

Aaron calmly gets out and I lock the door behind him.

After finishing my business I came back downstairs, because it was time to eat.

Mrs. Matthews was a wonderful cook, before my mom got sick we always had monthly dinners to catch up on our lives.

I always loved coming over, before the house felt so empty, before Natalie's death.

Even with the little giggles and sounds of imagination coming from Luke's room and playing corner it still feels empty. 

The pain slowly faded away over the years, we've all just learned to live for her instead of without her, but I think Mrs. and Mr. Matthews shouldn't have had another child if they weren't going to take care of him.

Sometimes I would ask Aaron if he needed me to babysit, or I would just randomly pick Luke up for a "playdate" when I just wanted to free Aaron and let him study for school or so that he can play basketball.

Those were the memories running through my head as I was biting into the delicious pasta Mrs. Matthews made.

The sound of notifications coming from my phone broke the awkward silence everyone was eating in.

"Please, Amelia. No phones at the table, I want to talk, you know? Like the olden times." Mrs. Matthews says.

I put my phone back in my pocket, I respected her rules and was ought to obey them anyways.

"So, Nathaniel. You're having a son?" Aarons dad asks, he seemed to be very interested in the topic. And so was I, if I was extremely honest.

"No sir, our girl is on the way." Nathaniel answers, and I smiled.

"Oh that's amazing, I'm so excited. Have you thought of names?" Mrs. Matthews adds.

"Well, its far too early for that. But we have some in mind." Stacy says with a sly smile.

"Excuse me." Aaron says, getting up and walking outside.

"Amelia, honey. Would you go see what's wrong?" Mr. Matthews says.

"Oh come on, don't bug the girl." Mrs. Matthews adds, obviously annoyed.

"Its fine, don't worry. I think he just got a phone call or something. Ill be right back." I say, getting up and  following  Aaron.