"Summer's Beginning"

Amelia's POV
"Fucking finally!" Zoe said, while we were walking out of school for the last time as year Sophomore's and were going into the Junior year of high school.

But before that we had a summer to enjoy.

"I second that," Ellie said. "I can't wait for our road trip."

"Yeah! It's going to be so much fun if I manage to ignore Aaron."I said, while taking a sip of my water and saying bye to my friends. Before walking into the devil's car. I wasn't going to ignore him before he gives me a ride home, obviously.

"Guess what?" Elliot asked, as I was trying to get into the car peacefully.

"Oh my fucking god, yes! I know. You're going to Harvard. To be honest I'm not too happy about the fact that you're not going away for college, like Aaron is."I said, knowing what was going to come if I didn't. Elliot has been annoying everyone around him about Harvard.

"Uhm, see that's the thing, darling. I'm not, I decided to go to Harvard."

Summer status : Ruined.

I was so happy about the fact that the one person I wanted to get out of my life was going away for college and when I found out he wasn't. I just kept my mouth shut and tried not to hysterically cry my eyes out.

Also I was on the second day of my period.

Yay!

When we pulled into Aaron's driveway I was hoping to say goodbye but then Elliot gracefully explained to me how he forgot the key and that we had to stay over at Aaron's until my father comes home.

Even though my oldest brother Nathaniel was only twenty-seven, he was already married and was expecting a son soon.Iwas very close to his wife and thankfully, he only lived 10 minutes from Aaron's.

"Fine, but I have to drop by Nathan's first, I'll come back in a second."

I practically ran to there because I felt myself leaking through my skirt, and I couldn't just be bloody at a boy's house, any boy's.

When I got there I rang the doorbell and Nathans wife, Stacy gently hugged me when she saw me.

"Oh you certainly caught me by surprise! Nathan is at work right now, are you okay?"
I didn't have the energy to explain to her what was going on, so I just turned around and let her see the big stain on my skirt.

Stacy gave me a towel, her compression shirt and one of Nathan's old sweatsuits. Claiming it was "laundry day".

I took a shower and changed into the clothes she gave me, the compression shirt was fine but because of my 6'3 brother the sweats were hanging at least 10 inches from my legs.

I said goodbye to Stacy and ran back to Aaron's house.

I tripped.

Five times.