"Be right there." Laurel yells.

"She's hot." Jere says as we all look through the window to see.

"Dude." Steven says.

"What? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking." Jere states.

"I wasn't thinking that." Belly states not looking happy with Jeres comment.

"She looks like she's Conrad's age. That's gross." I say looking away from the window and walking up to my room.

Conrad Jere and I look at them from the top of the stairs as they meet the couple.

"That could be their new stepmom." Conrad whispers.

"Laurels ass is better." I comment not looking away from the awkward interaction in front of me.

"Please don't put the image in my head." Conrad states.

"It's true." I say with a shrug.

"How'd he pull that?" Jere asks.

"You mean how did he pull Laurel?" I ask.

"No." He says looking at me like I'm stupid.

"Laurel is way better. This girl could be a total bitch." I say not liking her. Laurel was the better option, but I hope she doesn't go back to him when he realizes that.

Everyone is now in the back yard. I can't stand seeing all these happy people and everyone talking and being happy. Someone was dying here and it's like no one even notices. How? I wonder. How do they not notice how tired she's been lately.

I sat down on the sand as I watch the waves.

The ocean was the one place that felt like home. Cousins was my home. This house means so much to me, I don't know what to do once moms gone.

I won't be able to walk into the house without feeling like half of me is gone. Like my heart was ripped out of my chest.

I walk up to the house as I notice no one is outside. I walk into the house and see my dad and mom arguing. "Dad?" I ask confused.

"Vivian!" He says running up to me hugging me. I don't even hug back. I don't remember the man standing in front of me as the amazing father I once knew.

He was the lying cheater that left us.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"Good. I'm gonna go find Belly." I say walking out.

I walk into the back and run into someone. "Surprise!" Layla yells as she wraps her arms around me.

Layla is my bestfriend. She left cousins two years ago and I haven't seen her sense.

Her dad had died so her mom took her away to let her daughter grieve without all the reminders of her father.

"Layla?!" I say in shock. "What are you doing here?!"

"You know I couldn't leave team Vivian. I just had to beat Belly and Taylor, that war isn't over just yet." Ah yes. It has been our mission every year to beat Belly and Taylor in volleyball.

"Oh my god! We have to go see everyone!" I say pulling her down to the dock where everyone is.

"Look who showed up!" I say as they all look at Layla and I.

"Layla!" Conrad yelled as he ran to her and hugged her.

"No way." Jeremiah says with a smile also coming to hug her.

"You just get hotter every time I see you." Belly says smiling.

"Belly?!" She says in shock. "You, are, hot." She says hugging Belly.

"Hey Layla." Steven says smiling and waving.

"Steven Conklin." She says smiling.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention. Layla and Steven used to date.

"Awkward." Jere says laughing as him and Conrad walk away.

"Ok uhm." I say clearing my throat. "Wanna go walk the beach?" I ask Layla.

"No I think I'll stay here." She says smirking not taking her eyes off of Steven.

"Right." I say as Steven stands up.

"I'll go with you." He states. "Let these ladies catch up." We then walk away but not before he kissed Shayla sk hopefully Layla will get the hint.

"So." I say not looking at him.

"So, uhm. Layla is back." He states.

"Still same old bitch." I say chuckling. "You know. When she left she told me she was glad she was finally leaving, because apparently I was the bitch. She told me that I'm the reason you two broke up."

"Weird." He says.

She was the reason we broke up. I broke up with Layla to try and get with Vivian until Shayla came around and I started dating her.

"We should probably head back." Steven says. "Don't wanna leave Layla with Shayla for to long.

1265 words! Guys I have like 3 episodes keft until season 2!!