𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

WATCHING AS YUZUKI KIDEKO stepped onto the grounds of the arena was likely one of the most nerve wracking parts of the festival.

Yuzuki adjusted the bow in her hair as she stood there, waiting for Bakugou to walk out after his introduction. If there was one thing Yuzuki knew about this duel, she had no room to be afraid of an immature hothead.

"For our first contestant, we have the girl that has made a huge impression in the tournament thus far! It's Yuzuki Kideko from the general studies and support courses!"

"Versus the boy that has really shown what he can do! It's Katsuki Bakugou from the hero course!"

Yuzuki felt herself instinctively inhale at the sight of Katsuki Bakugou. As soon as she was in his sights, he glared into her eyes with each step, not breaking eye contact.

He's trying to intimidate me...

She stared back just as intensely, but not enough to hatefully glare at him. It was a look that pretty much sent him the message that she wasn't going to hold back, not in the slightest. That didn't scare him. As to be expected.

"You're that dumbass nerd from the support course, right?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow, as if he was genuinely curious. "The one that talks with the stupid watch."

Yuzuki tensed, protectively covering her watch with her hand. "I need it to talk." Her robotic voice spoke, almost sounding bitter. Though her words weren't fully the truth, they were her truth, and that's all he needed to hear. She simply didn't feel comfortable enough to speak with her own voice.

Bakugou let out a tch noise and spoke again, "Don't blame me if I break the stupid thing. That won't be my fault."

Don't worry, I won't give you a chance to break it. Yuzuki thought to herself, narrowing her eyes at the ash blonde.

"Ready...?"

"Begin!"

Bakugou rushed toward Yuzuki using his explosions, letting out a loud battle cry. The explosions that escaped his hands came out in bursts, giving him a constant engine.

It didn't take him long to get close to Yuzuki. He reached his hand out, ready to launch an explosion at her face, when she shrunk in size. His eyes widened at the sudden move, and when he felt a painful force hit his back, he grunted.

"Whoa! Kideko landed a hit on Bakugou!" Present Mic excitedly announced. "Starting
this battle off right!"

Yuzuki converted to her normal size, standing in a battle stance behind the boy. Bakugou growled, swinging around to face the girl he was fighting.

His expression was actually...terrifying. He looked so unbelievably angry. Like she wasn't even allowed to land a hit on him.

"You're fucking dead, you hear me!?" Bakugou angrily shouted, throwing another explosion at her, only for her to shrink once again. The explosion hit one of the walls surrounding the arena, creating a large hole. "Hold still, you fucking bastard!"

The only way I can dodge him is when I change size... Yuzuki thought to herself as she repeatedly changed sizes, dodging all of his blows. The moment I stop using my quirk is when he gets the upper hand! I can't rest!