𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

"Begin!"

Immediately, Ochaco rushed forward, confidence filling her face. "Giving up isn't an option for me!"

Ayaka smiled, watching her best friend with proud eyes. She was already starting off the match by taking initiative, and that was great. All she needed to do was touch Bakugou and she would be able to make him float, and possibly send him out of bounds.

When she got close enough to him, he sent a blast of an explosion toward her, knocking her back ever so slightly. Ayaka tensed, knowing how painful being hit by one of those explosions could most likely be.

Ouch...Ochaco...

Bakugou stepped back and lifted his hand, ready to launch another explosion if she tried to approach him. As the smoke cleared, he shouted, "You shoulda dropped outta the match."

Little did he know, while the smoke was in his way, she had managed to get behind him. She leaned toward him and reached out her hand, ready to touch him, when he sensed her and turned to her, ready to blast her again. "There's no way you can beat me!"

Though when his hand touched what Ayaka thought was her best friend, she quickly realized that it wasn't. It was just her jacket.

Holy—

Ochaco jumped toward him from behind, ready to touch him with her hand.

"Whoa! She flew her jacket over as a decoy!" Present Mic excitedly announced. "What incredibly quick thinking."

Before she could touch him, he turned around and sent a strong blast toward her, knocking her way back. She cried out in surprise, somehow managing to land on her feet.

"Look at that reaction time!" Sero said in surprise, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Seriously, that dude's insane..." Kaminari mumbled with wide eyes. "You can't get the drop on him. Since Uraraka can't use her quirk unless she touches him, his lightning-fast reflexes put her at a huge disadvantage!"

I just realized Kaminari came back. Huh, thank god he's alright after our duel...

Bakugou and Ochaco both sprinted toward eachother once again. The blonde shouted, reaching his hand out. "Too slow, pink cheeks!" He shot another explosion toward her, but she was able to successfully dodge it without him noticing through the smoke.

She came up from behind him, screaming, "I've got you!" He simply whipped around to face her, launching another explosion.

Many of the girls behind Ayaka were extremely worried about Ochaco. Ayaka bit her nail anxiously, but not because of Ochaco—but because of Bakugou. She knew that he wasn't going to hold back on this fight, and it wasn't because he was a bad person or anything, but he simply knew she was strong.

He would've treated her the same way.

It didn't matter to Ochaco how many times she was blasted with explosions. She simply just kept fighting. She kept going. She kept trying. She had so much commitment and so much talent—and she knew it.

Ochaco was trying so, so fucking hard to beat Bakugou.

Ayaka was suddenly able to hear the voice of a pro-hero shouting from the bleachers, even through the loud explosions. "This is shameful!" He shouted disapprovingly. "Listen kid, you really wanna be a hero? Then stop acting like a bully! If you're so good, just send her out of bounds! Stop toying with the girl and end this match!"