𝗔𝗬𝗔𝗞𝗔 𝗞𝗨𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗔𝗪𝗔: 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗦

"HEY, WAIT for me!" the small, childish voice of Ayaka Kurosawa pleaded, chasing a few of her friends with a goofy smile on her face.

The group of five year olds were running down the streets of Musutafu, celebrating the manifestation of Nara Kenji's quirk, which seemed to cause antennae to sprout on the top of her head, along with extremely tiny wings on her back that fluttered with her movement.

One of the girls, Aoki Gushiken, stopped for a moment before turning around to look at Ayaka. She pushed her black ponytail to lay gently on her back, the layer sweat on her neck becoming slightly more evident than before.

"Hurry up, Ayaka...you're so slow! We need to get to the park to test Nara's quirk!" Aoki shouted with a pout, holding Nara's hand. Yuzuki Kideko wrote a few words in her notebook, then turned it to Aoki with a frown.

"Don't be mean Aoki." The paper read, the little girl's facial expression saying it all: she was not happy. Yuzuki adjusted her hearing aid as Aoki groaned, crossing her arms at the indigo-haired girl in front of her.

"I'm not being mean! Aya's just being so slow!" Aoki said, slurring her words as she whined and complained. Yuzuki closed her notebook, holding it to her chest and shaking her head.

Ayaka, finally catching up to the group, frowned anxiously. "I—I'm sorry... I'll get faster...I promise!" Yuzuki took Ayaka's hand and smiled softly, easing Ayaka's nerves for a moment. The five year old took a deep breath as Nara finally decided to speak.

"Uh... Aoki, do you know where we are?" Nara questioned softly, straightening the flower crown that laid on her head, perfectly fitting and unable to fall. Her little antennae twitched as her eyebrows furrowed, presenting her confusion.

"Of course!" Aoki spoke surely, sounding completely convinced that she knew their location. "My mommy takes me to the park all the time! We always go this way!" She said, continuing to walk down the sidewalk, still holding Nara's hand.

When they kids turned the corner, they were met with signs blocking the sidewalk and street ahead of them. Yuzuki, as the only one able to fully read, frowned and began to write in her notebook once again, searching for more simple words so the others would understand.

"Closed." The paper read, making the other three kids frown.

"What do you mean it's closed!?" Aoki exclaimed, groaning. "What are we gonna do now?" Ayaka looked around the area, watching as a few cars turned down another road, seeming to head toward the park. She gasped, jumping up and down before pointing down the sidewalk.

"We can go down there!" Ayaka said with a smile, watching as their friends began to smile once again as well.

"Good idea, Aya!" Aoki beamed, grabbing Ayaka's wrist with her free hand. Yuzuki followed behind her friends with a smile, running across the street at a green light.

As the four kids ran down the sidewalk, making quick work of the distance, giggles escaped their lips. Yuzuki's indigo hair blew in her face as she ran, the wind catching in her long locks. Aoki kept a tight grip on Ayaka and Nara, smiling brightly. Nara's little wings fluttered excitedly, the only thing keeping her grounded being Aoki's secure grip. Ayaka's eyes closed as they ran, trusting Aoki to guide them forward, giggles escaping her lips.

When Ayaka opened her eyes, Aoki released her wrist and continued to drag Nara down the sidewalk, Yuzuki following behind them. Ayaka's smile faded a bit as they watched them continue to run farther and farther, leaving her in their dust.

"Hey... w—wait for me!" Ayaka shouted, beginning to run before a bright light gleamed into her eyes. She shrieked, tripping over her own feet in shock, covering her eyes as she fell to the pavement.

She felt a cry escape her and a tear stream down her cheek when she made contact with the ground. A powerful pain quickly made itself evident in her knee, a light stream of blood flowing from the new wound.

Ayaka uncovered her eyes, feeling her bottom lip tremble as she stared down at the scrape on her knee. Ow... my knee...

The light that gleamed in her eyes earlier returned, the light making her eyes ache. She resisted the urge to cover her eyes again, sitting up and squinting to face a short alleyway. Ayaka pursed her lips, the pain in her knee fading for a moment as she slowly stood up, watching the light blink on and off from the back of the alley.

"Woah..." Ayaka exclaimed quietly, looking down both sides of the sidewalk. Seeing no one incoming, she started to walk toward the light, watching as it began to glow slightly less as she approached. She crouched down, managing to ignore the light feeling of blood trickling down her leg.

She moved a few cardboard boxes and cringed upon moving a few pieces of trash. When she was able to spot the glowing object, her eyes lit up.

"A glowing rock!" Ayaka shouted, a smile quickly sprouting onto her face as she stared down at the crystal. "Daddy loves crystals! Maybe he can have this when he comes over for his birthday!"  She reached down to pick it up, but as soon as she made contact, a strange mist flew from the crystal. She gasped, watching as the mist excitedly flew around her, almost energetic.

The mist suddenly dissipated, the whole thing making Ayaka stare at the sky in fascination. When she looked back down at the crystal, she giggled, cupping her hands around the crystal in a protective manner. "Don't worry, crystal! I'll protect you forever and ever!" There was no shot her dad was getting this. 

When she walked out of the alleyway, a soft smile morphed its way onto her face as she used her shoulder to push a purple strand of hair from her eyes. Her palms kept themselves cupped around the crystal, holding it as gently as possible. It barely fit in her small hands, but she wasn't going to let it fall no matter what, that much was for sure.

"Aya!" A voice shouted, making Ayaka suddenly perk up. She looked to her left to see the voice's owner, Nara, run toward her, Aoki following close behind. "We thought you were lost!" 

"Oh...I'm sorry, Nara!" Ayaka said with a soft expression, smiling at her friend as her little wings fluttered.

Nara looked down at Ayaka's knee and gasped, a pout making its way onto her small lips. "Oh no! Aya, you got hurt!" Ayaka looked down at her knee and raised her eyebrows, suddenly remembering the wound was there, the pain returning to her.

Yuzuki came running up to them as Aoki said, "We should probably get you home to Ms. Kurosawa..." Yuzuki nodded in agreement, spotting the wound as well.

Ayaka giggled, still happy with the crystal in her hands despite the pain.

"I can't wait to show mommy!"

_____________________

[[ ORIGINS COMPLETED ]]

here's ayaka's origin story :) hope you all enjoyed!

notes:

1. 'aya' is ayaka's nickname; a few other future characters may call her this.

2. nara, yuzuki, and aoki are three of my ocs. in their child versions, all three go by she/her pronouns, but aoki starts going by he/him later in the book.

3. if it wasn't clear, nara's quirk is 'bee' where she sprouts wings and bee antennae; she's able to fly with the right training, stun people with her hands when feeling strong emotions, and she relies on honey and flowers for more energy! i love this concept for her!

4. these three characters will get references soon.

thank you so much for reading! :)

- Via