𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

AFTER Todoroki and Midoriya left the area, Ayaka and Bakugou had only glanced at eachother before they left as well. There were many words unspoken between the two, but acted as if they had nothing to say.

Ayaka felt extremely bad for Todoroki, but even with all of that on his plate, she wasn't going to hold back on doing her best, and she hoped that he wouldn't either.

She headed to the cafeteria to get a quick lunch for the final thirty minutes of the lunch break. Yes, she was hungry, but she didn't want to eat too much and end up throwing up on the ground during the final part of the festival.

So, she simply bought one of the smaller lunches. An apple, protein bar, and a water. She was quickly able to find Kirishima and the rest of her friends, and began quickly walking over to them.

Before she could call their names to greet them, she felt a hand on her shoulder, making her freeze. She almost didn't want to turn around, knowing who it most likely was.

"Ayaka."

Yep, that was Yuzuki. Shit. Hopefully she wasn't angry about the game from earlier.

Ayaka turned around to face her, smiling nervously. "Hi, Yuzuki." She greeted, taking a small bite of her apple. Yuzuki raised an eyebrow, waiting for Ayaka to bring up the earlier incident. When the blonde noticed that the other girl wasn't speaking, she asked, "What's up?"

"You know what's up." Yuzuki spoke, narrowing her eyes. "How the hell did you end up on a team with Shinsou? You barely even know him."

Ayaka cringed, looking away from her. She was on neutral terms with the boy now, and she didn't want to just throw him under the bus...or at least, that's what it would feel like if she told Yuzuki the truth. She didn't want to be the reason Yuzuki quite literally murdered him.

Damn it...

"It's nothing." Ayaka said quietly, still not making eye contact. "He just... seemed nice, and I teamed up with him."

The chatter in the cafeteria rose. Ayaka was feeling slightly overwhelmed standing up in the middle of such a big room. So many people could just... stare.

Yuzuki skeptically crossed her arms. "Let's find a place to sit so we can talk about this." She grabbed Ayaka's hand without waiting for a response, starting to pull the girl deeper into the cafeteria. Ayaka was just trying to hold onto her food for dear life as Yuzuki practically dragged her.

When they found a table and sat down across from eachother, Yuzuki leaned her elbows on the table, raising her eyebrows. Ayaka gulped. It was like she was waiting for something, waiting for the truth, because she definitely knew Ayaka was lying.

Ayaka gave into the pressure of Yuzuki's intense gaze. "Okay, fine. He hypnotized me, or mind-controlled me—whatever! He made me be on the team with him. I'm sorry! I didn't know—"

"I'm gonna kill him."

"What!?" Ayaka's face paled at her friend's words. If it was possible, steam would be escaping Yuzuki's ears. I never thought Yuzuki would be so... pissed off! I knew she'd be mad, but... "Aren't you guys in the same class!? Aren't you friends!?"