○Chapter Fourteen○

TW: Ideas of SA
Self-harm (peeling off skin)

Enjoy

Mars, with that stupid... stupid smile, walked toward the door of my room. She looked at me, and with a cheeky grin, said, "Keep your mouth shut about this~"

I sat on my bed, curled in a ball, shaking. The thin blanket wrapped around my body. I didn't bother looking up or even around. The only thing on my mind was to think of something else. But that's so... hard. Well... it could be easier.

If only I could go against that promise..

Wait. I suppose I could. Who's gonna stop me? That's right! No one! Now, I just need to get rid of the bandages... or.. Mars did pick at cracks on my face...

Was I willing to tear my face apart? Yes, I was. And I reached up and picked and grabbed and... tore. The feeling... the feeling I hadn't felt in hours! I want to feel it more.

I peeled. And peeled... the feeling was distracting from the pain down there. I shook my head, blood droplets flinging everywhere. But soon... my face wasn't enough for me.

My hands went down. Down for my arm. I scratched and scratched and scratched. I was able to feel the bandages peel off my flesh. I smiled as it pulled on the raw flesh that hasn't quite healed up yet.

The flesh bled as I dug my nails into the muscle that was exposed. I tightened my grip on the muscle and tried to pull it off, exposing small bits of bone. It hurt, but at least it was distracting!

Oh... how will I last a week? It's been one day, and I've already broken the promise... I don't think I'm the one to save them all.

□■□■□■

Wednesday! It's been half a week! HA HA!

I rocked back and forth on the bed. It was stained in my blood and... tears. I laugh in a strained voice. My vocal cords were hurt, but it didn't stop me from laughing at my pain!

My eyes panned over at the floor. Pools upon pools of fresh, old, dried up, drying up blood. Walls coated in splattered blood. Blood still drips down the walls. The room smelt of iron. I was so used to the smell that I forgot the room was COATED in my blood.

The door opened slowly. As it did, I saw Bird- err- Cynthia in the door. She paused and looked around the room. Her eyes widened more and more as the sights and smell. The iron smell, the drying, 'rotting' blood, and me. I was smiling and giggling to myself. It seemed like I was hallucinating since I was staring at... someone. Perhaps... an image of my mother?

"Y/N," she spoke softly as she tried to maneuver her steps around the blood. She hesitated before sitting on the blood-soaked sheets. "What happened?"

My eyes, wide out of habit, turned toward her. My damn brain made her seem like Mars, so I backed away immediately and yelled. "Back! Mars! No more!"

"Mars?" She paused. "No, no, it's Cynthia... Bird."

I stared in wonder. "Bird?" My body moved closer to her. The mind I had currently didn't register her as her, so I was still cautious. I touched her face gently and... it was soft. It wasn't like Mars' rough skin texture...

"Wanna tell me what happened?" She held my hand in hers gently. The soft look she had in her eyes reminds me of a mother...

A mother I wanted. One I never had. One that cared for me... one that wouldn't have sent me away to die. A mother that I...

...I could love...

Heya!

Got it done, and it isn't too short. I doubt it was boring, I just hope it wasn't too... cringe or horrid to read.

Now then, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

654 Words