five, charity ball

Start from the beginning

Some of the other employees did find it unfair but never said anything because it was like Ella was her daughter. Scarlett and Liliana didn't mind that Ella was the clearly favorite because they knew she had no family. That and Kimberly had never treated them badly.

"Those earrings are beautiful. Wear that diamond bracelet I convinced you to buy."

Another perk of working in a luxury fashion empire and being the CEO's favorite is the yearly net worth. Ella gets paid roughly around $700k a year not including bonuses and sale commissions. But she wasn't rich enough to compare to the women at the events. Especially the ones she's seeing tonight.

"I will! At least it doesn't make me feel that poor compared to the woman at that event." Both girls laugh.

"Honestly! Those women donate more the our entire salaries combined to look good."

"At least it's going to charity," Ella says picking up two pairs of heels. "Should I wear the clear ones or blue ones?"

"The clear ones!" Scar says holding up her earrings.

"The long ones! They look better with your dress."

Ella looks at the time and It's almost seven. "Already, I'll see you at the event. I need to put on my dress and look for my bag."

"Sounds good. See you!" They both hang up and Ella puts on her dress and heels. She quickly puts her lipstick, cash, cards, phone, and a small mirror in her bag.

The bell rings and it makes her smile walking over to the door. She opens to door and sees Nik standing there in his tux and holding beautiful flowers.

"Hi, Nik

"Hi, Nik." She smiles making him smile back.

God, she's adorable. Klaus thinks to himself before stepping forward. "Hi, Stella. Wow, you look stunning."

He kisses his cheek and hands her the flowers, "Thank you, Nik. And I love these flowers, they're beautiful."

"I'm glad you like them, love."

Ella blushes and steps back, "Come in, I just need to grab my bag."

They both step inside the house and Klaus immediately starts looking around. Her apartment was pretty and comfortable.

He noticed all the pictures hung up, designs all over in table, and clothes all over her couch.

Estella really was different than other doppelgängers. She was special, he liked her personality and hobbies. Her nervous habits and passions. Klaus still wasn't sure if he was going to accept the bond fully but for now, he just wanted to get to know her. 

------

"You nervous?" Klaus asks as they walk into the place. This event was being hosted at a beautiful country club.