Chapter 35 "My Salvation"

Start from the beginning

"Greg?"

He came out of his bedroom dressed in a semi-formal attire.

"Yes?"

I narrowed my eye sight as a frown was forming on my face.

"Did you went out of your apartment? Did you just came home?"

"Yeah. I just had a meeting with the sponsors from the show. They gave me an unexpected decision about the scholarship program and..." he glared at me.

"And...?"

"And... you've been granted a full scholarship from Millikin University for a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Musical Theatre. It's in Illinois and they want you to come and join them as soon as possible."

"What??? B-but I never applied."

"Yeah... but I submitted one for you. Remember the song we sang on the rehearsal hall and a bunch of old people approached you after? Those were the sponsors that came from Millikin University. But... before you get mad—" He came closer with his famous hand gestures "—I want you to think about it. It's a tri semestral course and you won't have to worry about the expenses 'cause they are willing to pay for everything. This is a great opportunity for you, Kristina. I bet your mom will jump for joy if she knew about this."

I looked down as I rub my forehead. I really don't know what to say. It's all so sudden.

"Please tell me you'll think about it." Pleaded Greg.

I looked up and I gave him a bit of my smile as I nod.

"Great."

After that, Greg gave me another bowl of porridge so I could take my medicine. Surprisingly, I fell asleep again. Then, after days of nothingness I finally had a dream. It felt heavenly at first.

I dreamt I was walking on a train railway. I was wearing a sweatshirt covered by a large green coat, I was wearing a skinny jeans and my old low cut brown hiking boots. I was also carrying my old high school bag. My hair was just flowing with the wind. I could tell that the railway wasn't used in years due to the rust and grasses growing near it. I just followed its trail eager to see where it leads to. Suddenly I was in a beautifully dimmed room with large mirrored walls. It was in a dance studio. I was sitting on the middle of it, when suddenly I felt someone reaching for my hand to pick me up. I reached out as well as I slowly looked up at this person but I couldn't make out a face. It was all a blur but in my heart I knew who this person was. I know I could trust this person. We were standing face to face, hands touching each other's chest tilting our head sideways as if we were studying our facial expressions. Suddenly this person trailed its soft staring eyes on my arm as my hand rested on his palm. I felt like I want to hug this person, so I did. I buried my face on his chest as his arm embraces me while his hand caressed my hair. I felt safe. I felt warm. Suddenly, this person breaks free of our loving embrace, disappearing in the darkness. I called out but no one answered. I called out again still no answer. Now, I feel lost. I need help... Please someone save me. Please!!!!

"Kristina! Kristina, wake up!"

I opened my eyes and sat up straight. I was breathing fast and I was crying. I looked at Greg and he looks so worried. He came closer and gave me a hug. That's where I bursted into tears. My sobs were deep and I can't control it.

"There, there..." said Greg patting my back.

"I was dreaming and... and suddenly it was dark and I was alone. I was scared..."

"Okay... okay... Come with me. I'll help you up."

Greg helped me stand up and suddenly I saw a bag full of stuff on top of his coffee table.