Chapter 34 - Ambushes, tricks and silent sighs

Sharing a roof with Jungkook wasn't exactly a walk in the park, for either of you. Nothing was easy, and progressing in any way required some clever, cunning plan.
Upon returning from your own home, you stepped out of the car like a ghost. You didn't even bother to close the door, not entirely aware of what was happening around you. But should anyone blame you for that? Your head was bursting with a whirlwind of thoughts. Everything was a jumbled mess with no way out. You regretted getting involved in the situation between Jun and Namjoon, regretted that the information had come from you. You felt like you had ruined their lives, even though they had brought it upon themselves. Furthermore, your friend's words echoed in your ears once again. You wondered why Namjoon had taken her phone and why he had stationed a security guard outside the house. Did Jun say or do something strange? Was she unstable? Maybe it was for her safety? That's how you tried to rationalize it, even though each option seemed dreadful. You knew it was a top priority to figure out, but you had to put it off for later. First, you had to deal with what was happening in the present, and you felt like a homeless cat someone had taken in out of pity.

Jungkook dragged the suitcase out of the trunk, his gaze following you with concern. This wasn't exactly how he had imagined everything. His elaborate plan had been to bring you along for the project - to live together for two or three days so you could get to know each other. He wanted to see, maybe even figure out for himself, what drew him so strongly in your direction. But he hadn't expected that you would move in together so quickly and for longer than he had initially planned. Actually, everything had gone awry. Of course, he wasn't complaining; that part had worked out fantastically. But why did everything have to get so tangled up in their lives?
He bit his tongue in frustration, his nerves were getting the better of him.

When you approached the house, lost in thought and trying to make sense of everything, you nearly walked into the wall beside the door. Finally, Kook couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed your arm, pulling you firmly toward him. You snapped out of your trance, but almost lost your balance, bumping your back into his chest.

"What the..."

"Exactly! What the fuck?" He chuckled when you quickly stepped back, embarrassed by your close encounter with the wall. "Just another moment, and you'd have head butted the door. I get that you're lost in thought, but this is my house, not a hospital," he murmured, clearly amused, and swung the door open wide. "Please, now you can safely come in."

In any other situation, you might have laughed, but now, overwhelmed with embarrassment, you simply hurried inside.

"Mi casa es tu casa," he proudly declared, setting down the suitcase as soon as he noticed your hesitation.

And for the first time today, you smiled. Life is one big surprise. When Jungkook closed the door behind you, you realized what had just happened. You would be living with Jungkook, the same Jungkook who is the maknae of BTS. Your dream had just turned into reality. You had replaced your walls filled with his posters and albums with... well, empty walls?

"Why are your walls so empty?"

Jungkook laughed out loud. "You've been here for 60 seconds and you're already complaining about the decor? This is going to be fun."

You returned the smile. Even with these empty walls, you felt the warmth emanating from this place. And you were well aware that it wasn't the house but him that was the source of your sudden calmness.

***

You found yourself in "your new" yet still Jungkook's room, which was a striking contrast to the minimalistic persona he had portrayed earlier. The room exuded luxury and elegance, with its tasteful décor and high-end furnishings. The walls were adorned with subtle, abstract artwork that added a touch of sophistication to the space. Large windows allowed natural light to filter in, revealing a stunning view of the surrounding landscape. The king-sized bed was the centrepiece of the room, covered in crisp, white linens and adorned with plush, charcoal-grey pillows. A sleek, modern desk sat against one wall, while a comfortable reading chair and a small coffee table were positioned by the window, creating a cozy nook for relaxation. The room was impeccably tidy, with only a few personal touches that hinted at Jungkook's presence, like a neatly arranged stack of books on the bedside table. Did he prepare all of this? you thought, kinda surprised.