His Next Victim Part 21

His Next Victim

Chapter 20

Jade’s POV

“No,” I told them, “I am not wearing that.”

Jeff looked at me with an evil smile. “You’re the only one small enough.”

I looked down at the suit and shook my head. “I don’t care.  Why can’t we just go in and kill him?”

“Really, Jade?  This is a children’s party.  We can’t just walk in and shoot the clown,” Cain replied with disbelief.

“Why can’t we just wait until the party is over?” I asked in frustration.

“We can’t stay in one spot to long.  You know that,” Jeff said.

I let out a breath. “Fine.  I’ll do it.  Give me the damn suit.”

Jeff passed it over with the smile still on his face.  My glare sharpened, as I jumped out the car.  Glancing at the suit, what I really wanted to do was catch the damn thing on fire.  Where did it even come from?  I pulled my shirt over my head and looked down at my shorts.  They were definitely staying on.  I don’t care how hot it is; I am not going into that suit with just my underwear on.

I stepped into its legs and pulled my arms through the sleeve.  Zipping it up, I grabbed the giant head and plopped it down on my head.  Well, at least I didn’t have to worry about anyone being able to identify me.  I knocked on the side of the door, signaling that I was dressed.  They both popped out of the car in a hurry. 

“Awe, Jade, you look so cute,” Jeff cooed.

“Shut up,” I snarled.

“What did you say?  I think it was a bit muffled.”

I hobbled towards him.  Reaching my giant paw up, I slapped him across the face.  He took a step back from the force and rubbed his cheek. “You’re supposed to be a happy bear.”

I shook my giant head at him.

“Yes you are.  Funshine bear is a happy one.  If you were Grumpy bear I would understand.”

Cain and I both looked at him.  If they could see my face, they would understand how shocked I was.  Cain’s expression mirrored mine as he asked, “You know the names of the Care Bears?”

Jeff nodded proudly. “I wanna be a Care Bear.  Oh, it’ll be so great when I’m a Care Bear.  Oh, I can hardly wait ‘til I’m a Care Bear, and do the things that Care Bears do.  Oh, I wanna be a Care Bear like you. You-”

“Stop!” I shouted through the suit.  Jeff halted in his dancing and looked at me with a frown.

“What?  I loved the Care Bears.”

“Loved; really, as in past tense?” Cain asked with amusement.

Jeff nodded. “They were awesome, and there were so many.  My favorite was Champ Bear.  That dude was awesome.  I mean he was good at every sport.”

“Awe, is Jeff sad because he was always picked last in sports?” I mocked.

His face turned red. “No, I just thought he was cool.  Why are we talking about Care Bears?  Get your yellow ass in there and steal a clown.”

As I walked past Cain, I could hear him mumble, “Well that explains where the costume came from.”

Letting out a laugh, I skipped up the walkway.  There was just something about this costume that made me happy.  Ringing the doorbell, I waited until the door was opened by who I assumed was the mom.  The lady gave me a smile, but she still had a slightly confused expression on her face.