His Next Victim Part 11

His Next Victim

Chapter 10

Cain's POV

Jade didn't mention anything about what we learned in the files once Jeff told her the location. She was determined to find Nolan and kill him. We all knew it, but you could feel the tension in the room, because none of us wanted Jade to be the one to do the killing.

She walked calmly to her room with me trailing behind her. Stepping over Alex's body, she walked towards her bed. She flipped the mattress off the bed before shoving her hand into an opening in the box spring. It was like Mary Poppins's purse with all the shit she pulled out of it. Guns, knives, gas bombs, the real question was, what in the hell did this girl not have?

She worked methodically, almost like a programmed robot. Snapping magazines out of the guns to make sure they were fully loaded, before pulling back the chamber to make sure a back-up bullet is in it. Unsheathing knives to look for nicks, once she was satisfied, she started stripping off her clothes.

My eyes widened and I tried to turn, but it was too late. She was standing there in her lacey undergarments and didn't seem to be bothered by my obvious scanning of her body. I cleared my throat to get her attention.

Her head snapped in my direction. "What? Don't tell me you've never seen a girl without all her clothes on?" She asked sarcastically.

"It's just that, well. You should probably get dressed," I ended lamely while shifting in my spot trying to adjust my pants without being noticeable.

"It's not working, but nice try. If you can't take it, wait outside."

Oh, I could take it, I thought running my eyes up and down her body once more. Pretty soon though, leather pants were obscuring my vision of her perfect tanned legs. I looked up hoping to get a look at the rest of her body, but to my disappointment she already wore a blood red tank top.

"What's with the dark clothes?" I asked her.

"Blood doesn't show up as bad, and it's easier to hide the guns."

I just nodded my head pretending that what she was doing was an everyday occurrence for me. She walked back to the bed, and grabbed different weapons before making them disappear on her body. It's not like anybody would be looking for weapons once they got a look of other parts of her body. I reached my hand up and slapped myself. What the hell is wrong with me? There is a dead body outside the door, and this girl is about to create more dead bodies, but here I am thinking about how nice it would to have her underneath me while I- My face received another slap. Confused, I looked down at my hand that was still in its spot.

"Cain!" Jade practically screamed snapping me out of my day dream.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for smacking you. Well, the second time, the first time you smacked yourself, but you wouldn't listen to anything I was saying."

"Yeah, that's cool."

"Cain? Do you want me to take my shift off?"

"What!" I asked finally paying attention. I was hoping she didn't hear the eagerness in my voice.

"I said do you need another shirt? You have blood on that one," she said looking at me like I was a mental patient. 

"Yeah, sure." 

"Okay. Go down the hallway and there is the guest room. There are some men's clothes in the closet."

I could see the sad expression on her face and assumed it was from memories of when Alex stayed over. I didn't acknowledge the sadness knowing that she was the type that didn't like people making a big deal out of her emotions.