His Next Victim Part 6

His Next Victim

Chapter 5

Jade's POV

I drove off looking in the rear view mirror at Cain. He looked so cute standing there holding the bomb. He looked like a little lost boy.

 "You're actually starting to like him aren't you?" said Carter from beside me.

 I sighed mentally. He just doesn't get it. I don't want a relationship with anybody at the moment, and if I had to choose anybody, it would be Carter. Once, I think that, I can't help but wonder if it was actually true.

 "He's a likable guy. Kinda goofy, but likable," I replied.

Carter's grimace showed exactly what he thought of the situation. "Tell me more about what's going on."

"Nolan Siegfried. He's a former C.I.A. agent that mainly went around killing off people they didn't want alive. Either the thrill got to him, or he had some discrepancy with the agency. He branched off on his own. Started killing people he deemed fit to die. One of the crazy things is that he has followers. I'm not talking about your average Joe-Blow either. These are government trained men that are after us," I told him.

"And what exactly did you do to piss him off?"

I huffed and sent him a glare. "What makes you think I did anything?"

He started laughing at me. "Tell me, Jade. When do you not do anything?"

"There have been plenty of times when I just sat back and watched things play out on their own," I said while sending him a look.

"Name one," he challenged and I fumbled. He can't really expect me to just think of them off the top of my head.

"Don't strain yourself, sweetheart. Here I'll make it easier. I'll tell you about a couple times where you 'helped' out."

"Please don't," I groaned already knowing where the conversation was heading.

"Remember Tracy? Aw, now don't give me that look. You ran her off."

"I didn't like her," I mumbled.

"And giving her house and all her belongings to charity was fair. How about having her 'fake' kidnapped? Or when you told her that I had three children and a wife to take care of, and that I didn't have enough money for a trashy mistress," he said with a raised eyebrow.

"She was a gold-digger," I defended.

"Now, come on, Jade. I know you better than that when are you going to admit you were jealous."

"That's not it. She just wasn't right for you."

"She was just a cheap thrill, and you know it."

I ignore him, and stare out the windshield. Okay, so I will admit it to myself. I was jealous. Can you blame me though? Carter was the only person I ever have a physical relationship with. So what if we are never really together. I usually didn't mind when he picked a random girl to have a 'cheap thrill' with. But, this girl was talking marriage and children. If you think about it, I did Carter a huge favor.

We pulled up to my house, and I noticed that both Jeff and Alex were sitting outside. I didn't understand what they were doing. I mean I knew that my dad was in there working his magic, but I had a soundproof room. I made my towards my friends, both their heads snapped up as I came closer.

"What are you guys doing out here?"  I asked

"Now, Jade. Don't get mad at your father. We couldn't find the keys to the room. It's not that we didn't try. It's just that when you're carting around a man that's the size of a rhino, you don't really lollygag around," Alex said obviously trying to placate me for whatever my dad is doing.

"I'll just go check it out then."

Jeff hopped up from his spot on the floor. "I don't think you should do that. I mean maybe you should wait a little while, or maybe a day. You and Carter should go do something fun. When's the last time you did something fun?"

"I disarmed a bomb earlier, which was fun," I said honestly.

All of the men just sigh. "Come on, babe. Let's go see what the old man is up to now," Carter said leading me towards my front door.

As soon as the door opened, I heard screaming. I picked up my pace, silently praying that my dad wasn't in my kitchen. I rounded the corner, and to my horror he was. The guy he was torturing was sitting on one of my chairs. There was blood on my white tile floor. He had his bloody instruments on my marble countertop.

I looked at my father and gave him a death glare. I saw him gulp and take a step back.

"Please don't, Jade. Honey, you know I love you. I'll get somebody to clean it up. I promise. Now, come on please don't do it," he pleaded.

I smiled evilly at him. "I'm telling grandma."

His face paled, and I was immensely satisfied.

****

Cain's POV

I pulled up to her house, with surprisingly no hassle. Frankly, I was relieved when nobody tried to kill me on my way home. The only reason why it took me so long to get here was because I went exploring. Jade was right, Carter needed to upgrade on his locks. See, getting in his room was easy, and putting that bomb in the middle of his bed was easier.

Smiling brightly, I made my way towards Jade's house. I saw Jerry and Adam, or whatever their names were sitting on the front porch amongst the bullet holes.

"What are you so happy about?" the J one asked.

"Don't worry about it, just an inside joke," I told him with a smug smile.

"Hmm, well I'm going to warn you. You should probably stay out here with us for a little while. Carter can calm Jade down, and then we can all go inside together."

I didn't really like that idea one bit. Carter was inside 'calming' Jade down, while I was out here not being able to supervise. Yeah, I didn't think so.

"Don't say we didn't warn you!" one of them shouted from behind me. I just shrugged my shoulders before making my way into the house.

I heard shouting, and what sounded like a tortured scream come from my left. I followed the screams, until I finally made my way into the kitchen. I looked down at the floor and admired the red tile. That was until I noticed that it was the blood not the tile that was red.

I could hear the voices quiet down some, but instead of paying attention to them, I followed the trail of blood to the dismembered man sitting in the chair.

"Don't do it, Cain. Don't you dare do it," I heard Jade order me.

I did it though; I turned my head and threw up on whatever was the closest.

"That's my stove," she said with deadly calm before turning and leaving the room. Carter trailed after her. This seemed to be happening a lot lately, me watching as she left with Carter.

"It's fine, you will eventually earn all your money back," Jude said trying to comfort me. For some reason a man covered in blood holding a tiny saw was just not comforting.