His Next Victim Part 3

• Dedicated to My brother, for reading and telling me what he thinks.

His Next Victim

Chapter 2

Cain's POV

I laid there waiting for the shots to quit so I could stand. I look over and see Jade squatting behind one of the pillars. She threw her hand out behind her, and one of the guys handed her a gun. She checked the magazine, before glancing around her cover, and letting a couple of shots off.

I finally snapped out of my surprise, and grabbed my .357 Sig Sauer out of its holster. Putting my back to the wall of the pillar, I ducked down low before turning my body and pointing at the three men standing there with their own guns.

I let off two shots and hit my target. The man fell to the ground with a bullet wound in his head and heart. Better safe than sorry. The other guy fell, and I looked over at Jade impressed.

I started to aim for the last guy, when something behind him caught my eye. I squinted and noticed it was a person creeping up behind him. When the person got closer, I realized it was Jude. How in the hell did he get over there? What the hell is he doing?

Jude reached his hand up and pressed the pressure point on the man's neck. He fell, and Jude just stood there smiling evilly over the body. This family was starting to freak me out. I mean they're computer geeks. How the hell do they know this stuff?

I stood up and walked towards Jade's dad. "So Jude, why in the hell did you let him live?'

"Do you honestly think I won't kill him later?" Jude asked with a raised eyebrow.

I decided that it was best to pretend that I didn't hear that. He noticed that I wasn't going to say anything, and began talking again.

"He came after my baby girl. I'm going to find out why while I torture him. Then I'm going to shoot him twice in the head. Nobody messes with my little girl."

I heard the intense protectiveness in his voice and wondered how Jade ever had a boyfriend with a dad like that. Footsteps sounded behind me, and I turned to see Jade sauntering toward me with her followers behind her. Why the hell did those two follow her everywhere? They were like puppies.

The one on her left reached his hand out. "Hi, the names Jefferson."

I sized him up. I guess he could be considered handsome, but I don't think he would be Jade's type. I shook his hand. "Cain Wilde."

Letting go of his hand, the other man held his out. "Alexander, but call me Alex. The only one that ever calls me Alexander is J over there. I don't know why she does it, but I can't stop her."

I didn't like the familiarity this man had with Jade. Why did he call her J? Was it some kind of pet name? Snap out of it Cain, I told myself.

"Cain Wilde. Call me Cain,” I told them.

"Well, Wilde. Can I ask why we have the pleasure of your company?" said Jade.

"I came here in regard of some information you acquired from out database,” I stated professionally.

She wrinkled her nose. "You're going to have to be more specific."

"Nolan Siegfried."

"Oh yeah, he’s the former C.I.A. agent who is killing off people. Went all crazy on y'all, and now you're looking for him but can't find him. I almost felt bad enough for Bob to actually help,” she said while shaking her head.

"Bob? Who is Bob?" I asked feeling somewhat confused.

"Your boss. Robert Skye age fifty-two. He lives with his wife. All of his children are scattered across America with children of their own. I think it's what two girl and three boy grandchildren now?"

"How the hell should I know? I didn't even know the old man was married. How do you know that?" I asked curiously.

Jude decided it was his time to talk. "He's her godfather."

Great, this was just what I needed. If I screwed up this mission, I not only had Jude Romano after me, but also my boss. Damn, why couldn't I just do something simpler? I could quit and become an accountant. My tirade was interrupted by an explosion. I turned in time to see her hot pink and black Bugatti Veyron rise off the ground in flames. Pieces of it scattered across her yard.

I looked over at Jade with a sympathetic expression on my face. That is a damn expensive car. Even with the hot pink, it was beautiful.

"I'm going to kill every last one of those assholes,” she spat out with murderess rage on her face.

"Sorry about your car,” I said. Everyone's heads snapped towards me. The guys were giving me pitying looks while Jade was glaring at me.

"That wasn't just a car. That was one of my babies. I never wanted kids. No just my cars and computers. Somebody messes with either one of those and they're dead. I don't care how long it takes me to track them down."

With that she turned and walked towards her garage. She pulled keys out of her pocket, and unlocked the deadbolt on the bottom.

"What are you doing?" I yelled after her and started to walk towards her.

"Going to buy another one. You coming? I'll let you drive this one back. It's not my favorite, but it will do."

I looked over at the car and did a double take. This wasn't one of her favorites? It was a canary yellow Lamborghini Reventon. Hell yes, I would go with her. I jumped into the passenger's seat happily. Just being able to look at this car was a privilege.

She jumped in the driver's seat, and took off. Not caring about speed, she went as fast as she could towards the dealership. I looked around admiring the detail. I heard a loud noise to my left, and glanced over to see a car full of men shooting at their vehicle. I was surprised to find out that it was bullet proof, but extremely relieved also.

She let out a frustrated groan, before swerving and ramming the side of their car. They lost control for a minute or two, but quickly gained it back.

"God, I didn't want to do this,” she mumbled before slowing down and getting diagonal with their vehicle. I knew exactly what she was doing, and held on while she performed the P.I.T. maneuver of their car. I watched as the driver lost control once again. This time he didn't gain it back. Instead, the car flew into the air flipping. The men who weren't wearing seatbelts were flung from the car. Finally, the car came to a stop on its hood.

Jade just stared out the windshield and started to whistle. With that, I sat back in my seat and snapped my seatbelt on.