His Next Victim Part 18

His Next Victim

Chapter 17

Jade’s POV

The man dropped down onto the ground, dodging the knife. I sighed. Why couldn’t they make it easier on me? All I wanted to do was walk in the back door, shoot the man in the face and walk out, but no someone always had to ruin it. I heard the swish of something fly past my face, and I snapped out of my thoughts.

Dipping down low, and reached for another knife, I put my hand out, and got ready to throw it, when it was snatched away. I looked at my hand with disbelief, then at Jeff who was throwing the thing out the window.

“What the hell?” I shouted at him.

He shrugged. “I’m just trying to make things more interesting.”

“How’s this for interesting?” I said while throwing my fist towards his face. A satisfying thump sounded as he swore.

Now that my anger was gone, I turned towards my victim. Smiling, I walked towards him. He smiled back before throwing my own knife at me. Didn’t people have class anymore? I mean what kind of person tries to kill someone with their own knife? I turned my body to the right, and snatched it out the air.

Flipping it between my two hands, I thought about what Jeff had said. He was right, without the knives, it would have a little more flare to it. I always loved to add some style to my killings. I glanced towards Jeff, before throwing the knife at my target. It hit its mark.

On his position on the floor, Jeff looked in between his legs at the knife embedded into the ground. “Shit,” he whispered before plopping back down.

I let out a laugh, this was more fun. I looked at the bald guy in front of me. He was searching the room for a weapon. I guess that display just now made him loose his confidence a little.

Searching around the room, I did the same. It was like we were at a standoff to find a weapon first. There was nothing in sight, except for a couple small pillows. My eyes turned back to them and I almost jumped in joy.

This one would be a clean kill. Picking up the pillow, I stalked towards him. Confusion masked his face as he looked between me and the pillow. Finally, he gave in and asked, “What do you plan on doing with that?”

I shrugged. “Smothering you.”

With that, I lunged. He let out a startled squeak as he jumped backwards to dodge my advances. The only problem was that it didn’t work. His body went flying to the ground, and I thanked my lucky stars that this was going to be easier than I initially thought.

Straddling his body, I pushed the pillow over his face. His feet kicked about as he tried to loosen my hold on him. I sighed. I didn’t want his death to be a long one.

“Really? Not very original,” someone said from behind me and I jumped in fright. Standing there was Jeff with a smirk on his face.

“I mean come on, Jade. You’re killing someone with a pillow. What happened to the ‘I can kill someone in eight different ways with a napkin’ girl?”

I blushed. “That was in middle school, and I still can’t come up with an eighth way.”

“I did,” he said smugly.

The man beneath me tried bucking me off, and I tightened my grip. “No, you didn’t. You’re lying. If I couldn’t figure another out, then you can’t.”

He shrugged his shoulders.  “I’ll never tell you.”

I glared at him, and the man underneath me finally stopped squirming about. Standing, I dusted my jeans off. I looked at the window with longing. “You just had to drop the damn ladder, didn’t you?”

“It makes things more in-”

“I swear if you say it, I will kill you.”

He flashed me a smile before tip toeing towards the door. I followed after him with a shake of my head. This was what happened when you are friends with smart people, the try to make things ‘more interesting’. He poked his head out the door and looked both ways.

Pulling it back in, he gave me a thumbs up and motioned for me to go first. As soon as I stepped out of the door, I connected with something hard. I looked up, then further up at the Sasquatch. Maybe Jeff doesn’t know what a thumbs up means, I thought while taking a punch to the stomach.

I clutched my stomach, as I fell to the floor. The asshole could punch. Wheezing, I rolled to avoid the size twelve foot that was about to stomp on my face. How the hell was I supposed to take this guy out?

He had about two hundred pounds and four feet on me. Staggering to my feet, I glanced at my surroundings. The only thing I could find was a bronze candlestick. Who even had candlesticks anymore? I gripped it like I would a baseball bat, and swung it at the man.

It hit him on the shoulder before ricocheting off. He just looked down at me as if I was a bug, and swung his meaty hand at my face once more. I dodged it. I looked at the table that stood in the hallway and sighed. If Jeff caught me doing this, I would be ridiculed for life.

I threw one leg up onto it, before tossing the other one up to. Knelling on the table, I swung it down on the man’s head. I cracking noise sounded and he fell to the floor.

“The bigger they are, the harder they fall,” I mumbled.

“Jade killed Big Foot in the hallway with a candlestick,” Jeff said while laughing.

I jumped in shock. “Where in the hell did you come from? Do you just watch me kill people while thinking up phrases?”

“Of course not,” he said. “I watch your back too.”

He motioned behind him. Looking back, I saw the man lying motionless on the ground with a knife in his forehead.

“How come you got to use the knife?” I wined.

“Because, it’s only more interesting while you’re doing the killing. It’s just boring when I’m doing it.”

I shook my head at him, while walking down the hall. When I reached the corner, I stopped to glance around it. Seeing no one, I keep walking. There are no people mulling about, to my surprise. I expected a house this large to have better security.

We went down the stairs, and to the front door without any incidents. As I twisted the door knob, I heard it, the distinct sound of police sirens coming this way. That was why no one else came out; the police were on their way towards us now.

Glancing at Jeff, I motioned towards the back. He nodded and quietly made his towards the back door. It was about five minutes until we finally arrived at the large double doors.

“We’re going to have to leave the Jeep aren’t we?” Jeff grumbled.

I laughed under my breath. “Yep.”

“You’ve wanted to get rid of it. Are you sure you didn’t set this whole thing up?” Accusation was clear in his voice. How he expected me to set this whole thing up was a mystery to me.

“No, I didn’t. Now, let’s go before they catch us,” I hissed hoping he would just walk out the doors.

My luck must have been great today, because he walked through the door without another word. The door creaked as it opened causing me to wince. Everything was loud when you wanted to be quiet.

Stepping out behind Jeff, I light shinned in my face. I couldn’t make out the person’s features, but as soon as I heard the voice, I knew who it was.

“Jade, is that you? What are you doing? Run before they catch you. My car is off to the left through the woods,” he said with the light still in my face.

I nodded showing my understanding, before taking off in that direction. I threw a quick, ‘Thanks dad’ over my shoulder. I didn’t know where he came from, but I was glad he was here. A thought hit me making me stop in my tracks. If my father was here, Cain shouldn’t be very far behind. Should I risk being caught to see him?

That was the stupidest question I’ve ever asked myself. Of course I would. I turned and began making my way back towards the house, but a noise to my left stopped me once more.