Fourteen

December 2nd, 1978

A small group of us meet in the Little Hangleton graveyard just as night falls, pulling our cloak hoods down as we all come together. I look up and glance around the circle to see who has joined us; Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, and even Severus Snape to my surprise.

"Severus?" I can't help but ask and he looks up at me through his long greasy black hair. His face twists up and he moves from his spot in the circle, closer to me.

None of us have seen each other since graduation six months ago. "What are you doing here, Eleanor?" He snaps at me in a hushed voice and I can't help but roll my eyes at him.

Severus and I have been good friends since our fifth year at Hogwarts, but we fight like siblings. I look up at him, fixing his fringe for him. "I was asked to be here by Him." I explain defensively.

Severus just shakes his head at me. "You shouldn't be here." Snape barks harshly but the circle quickly hushes itself when He appears in a cloud of black smoke. We all bow our heads, knowing better than to look up at him.

He circles all of us, taking in the handful of people here in his support. "I thank you for coming tonight." He tells us in a 'holier than thou' manner.

As he makes his way around I can see him making each new member look up into his face as he grabs their left arm. He presses his boney wand into their skin, leaving a branding in its place.

He makes his way to me and I feel my body shudder as he tilts my head up with his wand. "Ah, yes, Eleanor King" He whispers in a hoarse voice and I finally allow my eyes to flick up to meet his.

I can see scars littering his face, but beneath them I can see a once beautiful man. His icy blue eyes pierce into my pale green ones and my breath hitches in my throat. "Thank you for allowing me to join you, my lord." I tell him humbly and I can see a smirk spread across his face.

"That's right, I am your lord." He says loud enough for the whole group to hear. "As I am now going to be known as Lord Voldemort, it is only fitting that you refer to me as such." He goes on, clearly impressed with himself.

I know that the things he's done aren't exactly right, but this is what my parents would have wanted. To be on the side of the fight that wins, the side that chooses pureblood wizards over Muggles and half-bloods.

Suddenly he grabs my left arm and before pressing his wand to it, he looks me in the eyes once more. "El, you shall be my number one, you shall be by my side in our fight for power." He explains to me and I nod slowly, unable to look away.

From the corner of my eye I can see Bellatrix stomp her foot, her curly black hair falling in front of her face. At my side I can also see Severus tensing up, I know he has a soft spot for me, but I want this.

"Yes, my lord." I answer him as I look directly up at him. "Anything for you." I add in complete honesty.

With that he presses his wand to my skin, a burning feeling shooting through my arm as a print begins to form. A skull with a snake flowing from its mouth now fully imprinted on my arm like a tattoo.

March 23rd, 1979

I pace the halls of my home, waiting for Him to arrive for tonight's meeting. It's been only a few months since Voldemort made me and my schoolmates a part of his ranks, brandishing us with his Dark Mark.

I hear a knock on the front doors to my family manor, that was gifted to me after my parents passed away last year. I make my way over, tugging open the large wooden door to see Him standing there, shrouded in his cloak.