Two

Mr. and Mrs. Parkinson are driving me over to the Malfoy Manor today — to meet my father. It's been a week since I found out I was adopted. It took Pansy some time to work up the courage to ask her parents about Him.

They insisted on using a muggle car to avoid any attention being brought to our meeting. We've hit at least ten kerbs, nearly squashed someone's cat and blew through three stop signs. To say I'm on the edge of my seat is an understatement.

Pansy — accompanying me on the drive — sits beside me in the back seat, holding my hand in hers for comfort. I stare out the window, unaware of any conversations being had in the car as I am far too nervous to bother.

We pull up to the large manor in Wiltshire after a few hours of driving, pulling up along the front curb. I manage to swallow the nervous lump that has been sitting in my throat the whole drive.

I take a look back at Pansy, flashing a small smile before opening the car door and stepping out. I get my trunk out of the boot of the car — bringing it just in case my father wishes me to stay with him.

I wave to Pansy and her parents through the car window before walking up through the front gate, dragging my trunk behind me.

I take continual deep breaths as I slowly make my way up to the large front double doors. I step up onto the concrete porch, grabbing a hold of the snake shaped door knocker. I take one last deep breath before slamming the knocker onto the metal plate behind it.

I take a step back, my knuckles turning white from my grip on my trunk handle. I turn around to see that Pansy and her parents have already driven off, leaving me alone in front of the towering mansion.

The door swings open and I see Malfoy standing there, bags under his eyes, dressed in an all black suit. His platinum hair glistens in the morning sun as he sneers down at me — his stormy grey eyes clouded with resentment.

"Oh, it's you." He comments in a tone of disgust, holding the door open wider and stepping aside. "In." He says shortly and I roll my eyes, stepping in past him.

"Charming as always, Malfoy." I retort back at him and he just scoffs in annoyance as he slams the door shut behind me. He waves one hand for me to follow him, leading me through the foyer and into a large formal dining room.

As he leads me through his magnificent home, I can't help but admire the Victorian era architecture. As we enter the dining room he points to the last chair in the row of about eight chairs, right beside the end seat.

"Sit." He says — again shortly. I glare up at him, folding my arms over my chest. He raises a brow at me, a light smirk playing on his lips as his tongue pokes the inside of his cheek. Clearly he enjoys bossing me around his manor.

Not wanting to get into it with Malfoy — as we usually do when we're at Hogwarts — I just roll my eyes and sit down in the tall black chair.

He stares down at me for a few seconds, as I feel his eyes burn through me, before leaving the dining room and closing the sliding doors behind himself. I fold my hands up in my lap, drumming my leg from anxiety.

I sit for ages, waiting for someone to appear, until finally the doors slide open — and there He is.

He shuts the sliding doors behind himself, as I stand up from my chair to greet him. He circles me and the table, glancing me up and down as he does so.

"My dear child—" He draws out in a high hiss, sending a shiver down my spine as he speaks.

He walks up to me and embraces me — awkwardly. Only for a moment before he shoves me down into my seat, sitting in the end seat himself.