Nine

"I still can't believe you got invited into the Slug club. What about me? I'm a great student." Theo asks ignorantly as he examines the invitation as if it's a fake.

I roll my eyes playfully, looking through my trunk for a suitable dress. "Do you want to go with me?" I ask him in a bored, drawn-out voice and he perks up, a smirk now spread on his face.

"We're allowed to bring a date tonight." I emphasize as I pull out a dark green, silk dress. Holding it up to my body by its thin straps, I glance in the mirror to get a feel for how it'll look on me.

"So?" I ask, glancing over my shoulder at Theo. He grins, looking up at me as he leans back on my bed — arms splayed behind him to hold himself up.

"Looks great." He says with a slight smirk and I roll my eyes, bundling the dress up and throwing it at him.

"I meant, are you going with me or not?" I ask with a giggle as he pulls my dress off his face, chuckling along. I cross my arms over my chest, raising a brow at him as he collects himself.

"Oh- uh- yeah sure." He stammers, sitting up on the edge of the bed — hands clasped in his lap with the dress as he plays with the fabric.

"Great, then go throw on some dress robes and let's go." I announce with another giggle and he just nods, jumping up from the bed and hurrying out of the dorm room to his own.

Once the door shuts behind him, I strip out of my Slytherin uniform down to my panties. I grab the silk dress off the bed and step into it, slipping it up my body.

I slip my arms under the thin straps, zipping it up behind me. I smooth the skin tight dress out across my body and grin at the slit in the side of the dress starting at my midthigh. I pull on a black cardagan to keep my dark mark hidden for the night.

I quickly tie my hair up into a high ponytail but leave a few loose strands of hair out. I pull out a pair of black heels from my trunk, stepping into them and clipping the strap around each of my ankles.

I pace back and forth across the dorm a few times — just to be sure that I won't break any bones this evening. Once I'm sure that I'm steady in these heels, I take one quick glance in the mirror and trot out of the room — my feet already beginning to ache from the heels.

Feeling elated that Theo is joining me — and Aria will be there as well — I hurry down to the common room. I skip down the steps, seeing Theo already waiting for me at the bottom.

"Told you it looks great." He chimes, his goofy grin plastered on his face as he holds his arm out for me to take. I wave him off, a violent blush bruising my cheeks as he presses a light kiss to them, the wetness of his kisses cooling my cheeks.

I loop my arm around his, holding onto his bicep as he leads us through the common room and out into the dungeons.

We step out into the hall, a giggle escaping my lips as I almost trip in these stubborn heels. "Be careful, darling, don't wanna get hurt now." Theo coos as he holds me up by my waist.

"I'm not used to heels; you know that." I answer with a soft laugh — Theo chuckling along — as we continue through the halls and up the spiral stone stairs to the Main Hall.

We hurry up to the sixth floor to Professor Slughorn's office, walking down the hall lit by red lanterns. As we walk down the corridor, I stare up at the lanterns hovering above us.

As we step into the room a grin slowly spreads across my face to see the whole room decked out for the Christmas party. Anything to distract me from my task and the possibility of death looming over my head.