Teddy | Part 3

•.*\ ϟ /*.•

A/N: This one was inspired by a little Pumpkin Niffler plushie I got from Universal and I love him so much. I decided to name him Jasper because I liked it and thought it fit him the most out of the other names I had in mind.

Hope you find this one as cute as I do!

~ * ϟ * ~

Little Brother

~ * ϟ * ~

"Do you think we should get Teddy a little friend?"

Newt looked over at you from where he was sat on the edge of the bed folding one of his shirts. "What kind of a friend?"

You halted your organization of your jewelry and trinkets Newt had gotten you over the years of being together, and turned to walk over to him. You stood between his legs and put your hands on his shoulders. "I think," you started, thinking for a moment. "I think we should get Teddy a new little brother of sister. A baby Niffler. I often see him - whether he's inside the briefcase or the apartment - wandering around and he seems lonely, in a way. I mean, I know he has us to care for him and love him, but he seems downtrodden when we're not around. I just think getting him a baby Niffler as a companion will make him feel more-"

"Hey, Sweetheart," Newt interrupted, looking over at his now-ajar briefcase.

Confused, you followed his gaze to it, and you spotted a little onyx-coloured face peering through the gap at you. You chuckled and let go of Newt, turning to walk over to the briefcase. You crouched down and opened it more so you could see Teddy more clearly.

He trilled and squealed up at you, as if trying to talk to you, and you picked him up with a wide smile.

You clicked the briefcase shut and walked over to Newt to sit next to him. You placed Teddy on your lap, smiling down at him.

Newt stared at your face, studying your features as he thought about what you proposed the moment before. "I think it's a good idea."

You looked over at him with a bright look on your face, and Teddy switched his gaze between your happy faces. He knew something was up. Something good.

Newt grabbed your hand and gave it a gentle squeeze before he stood up and turned to look at you. "Well, let's go get a baby Niffler!"

~ * ϟ * ~

You and Newt had entered Diagon Alley with Teddy snug on Newt's shoulders, his little paws gripping his dirty blonde hair and his head resting on Newt's. It seemed to be one of his favourite spots to sit when going somewhere.

You dragged Newt toward the pet adoption center, Polly's Magical Pets (which had recently been implemented), practically jumping in excitement.

Newt chuckled and walked ahead, pushing the door open to reveal the brightly-coloured shop with pictures of adorable magical creatures lining every wall, shelves filled with toys, food and care products for pets, and little play pens filled with various baby creatures either running around and playing with each other - or in a pile of fur, sleeping after tiring themselves out after play time.