Yule Ball | 20k Special

•.*\ ϟ /*.•

A/N: I love y'all so much, makin' me feel all special and warm and fuzzy inside🥰
Thank you so much for 20 thousand reads.
Y'all's a bunch of angels, I swear.

^^^ That's yer dress. If you don't like it, you can imagine another one. Apart from describing it in one paragraph, it's not too relevant to the story.

Enjoy this sweet oneshot, my loves!💕

~ * ϟ * ~

     The Yule Ball was just around the corner, with the school halls buzzing with the excitement of students from Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

     You had been hanging quite close to Neville lately, secretly hoping he'd ask you to the ball. You chose to dance with Neville when Professor McGonagall had the Gryffindors practice, and it was marvelous. Nothing compared to the real deal, you thought, but it was certainly close.

     It was actually quite cute - Harry and Ron had told you they saw Neville practicing dancing in his dorm room after the practice sessions with the Professor, and your heart melted at that. You couldn't wait for the Ball.

     Later on, you felt elated to hear those words nervously come out of Neville's mouth: "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

     You had squealed and laughed, jumping onto him and hugging him tightly. It caused him to stumble, but he held his ground, laughing.

     "I'll take that as a... yes..?" he had asked uncertainly, his chin resting on the crown of your head.

     "YES!" you yelled as you leaned back to look at his face, and he flinched a little at your loud voice before chuckling. "I've been waiting for you to ask me, ugh! I'm so happy!"

     He had smiled so widely that your heart skipped a beat and you hugged him again. You were on cloud nine that day.

     After no luck in getting dates, Harry and Ron were sat angrily (well, in this case, Ron was the angry one) across from you at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall for breakfast.

     You stifled a grin at the large scowl on Ron's face as he shoved a heaping pile of steaming eggs in his mouth. "Will you slow down on eating? You look like a wide-mouthed toad with your cheeks out like that."

     He looked up and his scowl deepened, but you couldn't take him seriously with his face stuffed full of eggs. "You look like a wide-mouthed toad," he muttered under his breath.

Harry snickered at your conversation.

     You chuckled at Ron's childishness and focused on your own food, letting your mind wander.

     After a moment, Ron spoke up. "Neville got a date before us," Ron muttered, glancing at said boy, "and that's saying something."

     You looked up to glare at him, wondering where this suddenly came from. He was, after all, angrily stuffing his face a moment ago. "What the hell was that for?!" you nearly yelled, gaining his attention, along with the attention of a few other Gryffindors.