Rings

•.*\ ϟ /*.•

     Walking down the hallway on the way to the courtyard, you thought about Theo.

     You smiled, knowing that even a single thought about him would make you feel good.

     He had this dark and brooding look about him that always made him look so... unique. It never failed to catch your attention, throughout all the years you've known him.

     You thought about his handsome face, his dark but bright eyes, his soft hair, his large and warm hands adorned with rings.

     You always thought he was quite attractive with rings. He wore a few thick metal bands on both hands, along with a snake ring that looked to be slithering down the length of his middle finger as it coiled around it. The snake ring had two tiny green gems for eyes, and it was on his right hand.

     You always loved his rings, and often fiddled with them absentmindedly when you held his hands.

     Your favorite one was the snake one.

     He suggested taking a walk once classes were over, so you were excited to see him.

     Your thoughts were interrupted by some pervy Slytherin punk that decided you were his target on this particular day.

     As you were about to pass by an open doorway, he swiftly walked out and caused you to halt in your steps.

     You looked up at him in puzzlement, wondering why he stopped you.

     "Hey, there," he said, "Where you headed?" He took a step forward, and you took a step back.

     "Nowhere that concerns you," you replied, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be, if you couldn't tell already."

     He let out a chuckle as he blocked your way once again.

     You glowered at him. "What?"

     "I wanna know where a pretty snake like you is going," he muttered, taking another step and putting a hand on your waist. He probably thought it would turn you on or something.

     Was he fucking stupid?

     You grabbed his wrist and threw it off of you, taking another step back.

     "Don't fucking touch me," you growled, pointing a finger at him. You briefly saw movement behind him, but glared back into his face.

     He had a shit-eating grin on. "Or what?" he taunted, stepping forward again, "Are you gonna hit me?"

     "She won't, but I will." Theo had grabbed the guy's shoulder harshly and landed a sickening punch to his face.

     He fell to the ground, groaning. His face was bleeding, and it would bruise. Badly.

     Apparently, Theo used his right hand, which was the one he wore his snake ring on. There would be a nice slithery bruise on the area that Theo had nailed him, along with cuts from the edges of the other two rings on his fingers.

     The guy stood up in a daze and said nothing as he stumbled away, holding his face.

     Theo looked at his rings and lifted his shirt to use to wipe the blood off.

     You briefly caught sight of his abdomen, and the tanned skin was lightly toned.

     You averted your gaze to his eyes once he finished cleaning his rings and looked up at you.

     He tilted his head to gesture to the courtyard, which was not far. He slung an arm around your shoulder as you walked.

     Who knew that a tall boy with dark eyes and hair and thick rings on his fingers punching someone in the face would be as attractive as it was?

     Especially since it was to protect you.

     Damn...

     You would gladly go through that frustration again if it meant you got to see that again.

•.*\ ϟ /*.•