Birthday

•.*\ ϟ /*.•

A/N: You are a Gryffindor.

~ * ϟ * ~

Your best friends, Hermione and Ginny, had picked out a cute outfit for you to wear for your birthday the next day, which was a Saturday. They'd picked out a cute knee-high sundress and a nice, soft cardigan to go over it. They picked out a matching pair of flats to go with the colour of the dress. You had a matching necklace and bracelet you could wear, so it was quite perfect. The girls had the jewelry you owned in mind already when they got the clothes, and you loved them dearly for their thoughtfulness.

Of course, when you told the twins of this, your boyfriend George demanded to see it first, and you and Fred laughed. He seemed so excited about it, so you nodded and said he would be the first - outside of Hermione and Ginny - to see it.

Going through the day before your birthday was exciting, only because you were constantly thinking about tomorrow.

After the school day was over, you were sat in the common room with some of the other Gryffindors as they chatted idly about whatever came to mind, between George and Fred on the sofa. You leaned into George, and he had his arm wrapped around you.

It was getting quite late, and some of the students went to their dorms. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all stood, tiredly but joyfully muttering a happy birthday to you on the way to their rooms.

Fred was the last to leave, sending a grin to George before he squeezed your shoulder with a happy birthday and retreated to his own dorm, yawning and stretching his arms high over his head.

You and George were the last to remain in the common room, just basking in each other's warmth and watching the fire as it crackled and popped from where it sat in the fireplace.

It was just past midnight, and you felt George turn to press a loving kiss to the crown of your head. "Happy birthday, Love," he muttered into your hair.

You smiled as butterflies fluttered in your stomach, and you removed your head from his shoulder to look up at him. "Thank you," you replied softly, a tired smile adorning your lips.

He stared for a moment, admiring how cute you looked when you were tired, but happy. He leaned down, stopping for a second to gauge your reaction.

Your heart stopped, knowing what he was about to do, but you didn't move away.

He closed the gap, finally kissing you for the first time. Your heart pounded vigorously, and you felt like you would explode and butterflies of various colours and shapes would fly in every direction. He lifted a large hand to cradle the side of your head, his mouth moving against yours.

After a moment that felt like hours, you broke away from him, leaning your forehead against his. You started chuckling to yourself, leaning back to cover your mouth as you stared at the boy before you. "I've been waiting for that for so long," you muttered from behind your fingers.

George grinned. "Glad I could be of service."

A gleeful laugh escaped your throat, and he genuinely smiled warmly at the sound. "I love you, Y/N," he muttered, catching you off-guard yet again.

How many frigging times can this man possibly give you copious amounts of butterflies in the span of ten minutes???

You looked down, a sheepish smile on your face. "I love you too, Georgie," you muttered.