Where are they?

Hastily, Yaten sprinted up the basement stairs, bounding up the steps in a few strides. "What's wrong with him?" Makoto asked when she noticed him out of the corner of her eye. Minako shrugged. "I don't know, maybe he's not getting enough exercise."

"That stubborn idiot!" Yaten's voice echoed down the stairs.

Both girls raised their heads alertly. "I don't think so. Something seems to have happened," Makoto said, and they both headed towards the stairs. With a bright red face, Yaten came trampling down the steps and glanced at the board where the keys hung. Minako put her hand on Yaten's shoulder. "What happened?"

"Seiya, that stubborn jackass happened," he snorted at her.

"Yaten, full sentences with context. No one can follow you right now," Minako countered, and Yaten realized that he had spoken too harshly.

"I was downstairs just now, Chibiusa's room is empty, but the window was open. Both of them are gone, and the car keys too," Yaten gritted his teeth.

Minako and Makoto looked at him with puzzled expressions. "And where is he?" Minako asked after a moment of silence. "If I knew that. But the way I know him, he's up to something. With Chibiusa, and that probably means nothing good for us."

"Haruka," Minako whispered, but Yaten was standing close enough to hear it. "What about Haruka?"

"I don't know, but a few days ago she was here, talking to him. It was like they didn't want anyone to overhear their conversation, they were out walking together." Yaten snatched his car keys from the board. "Do you know where Haruka lives? We're going there now," he yelled, still agitated. Minako shook her head and looked at Makoto. "Well... yeah... I've been there once, but I'm not sure if I can find my way there."

"A rough direction is better than having no clue at all. So let's go. We'll find them before they make a mistake."

All three got into Yaten's car, and he drove off. Unfortunately, Makoto's sense of direction was not the best, and since it was the middle of the night, things looked different to her than during the day. Brr... brrrr.... brr... Yaten's phone suddenly rang. Grumpily, he pulled it out of his pocket and tossed it over to Minako. "It's Taiki. Should I answer?"

"Do it if you want," he muttered back. Minako rolled her eyes inwardly.

"Yes, hello?... He's driving right now.... we're looking for Seiya and Chibiusa... at Haruka's place... Does Amy happen to have the address?... that's great... okay, I'll do it... Bye, Taiki."

Yaten still looked sour but raised an eyebrow inquiringly to find out what Taiki had said, Minako nodded.

"Amy is sending us the address and directions; she's been to Michiru's for coffee a few times. She wants you to call Taiki when we find him."

"Assuming we find him," Yaten grumbled.

Minako read aloud the directions, and after another half an hour, they finally turned onto the right street. "There's Seiya's car," Makoto called from the back seat. Yaten pulled up behind his brother's car. Together, they rang the address Amy had sent them. It took a moment, but eventually, Hotaru opened the door, her eyes widening in shock when she saw who was standing there.

"What can I do for you so late at night?" she asked politely.

"We're here to pick up Seiya," Yaten hissed.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but he's not here." Minako deftly pushed Yaten aside, sensing his patience was running thin.

"But his car is parked out front," Makoto tried to figure something out. She could see that Hotaru was thinking, but their conversation was interrupted by a baby's cry. Quickly, Hotaru turned and gave the door a shove, heading towards the crying sound. Makoto nudged the door, which Hotaru hadn't properly closed.

"Let's go inside. We want some answers now," Makoto said calmly. Minako and Yaten followed her. In the living room, Hotaru was holding a small child in her arms, trying to calm her down.

"How did you get in?" she asked in horror when she saw her visitors.

"You didn't lock the door properly, and we'd like some answers now," Makoto said calmly.

"Hotaru, where did you get the child?" Makoto tried a different approach. Hotaru realized it was time to finally tell the truth; nothing could happen now since Haruka, Michiru, Seiya, and Chibiusa were probably already with Bunny. Slowly, she sat down on the sofa, the little girl still in her arms.

"Alright, I'll tell you everything you want to know. This is Setsuna. The night after we sent energy to Bunny, she was here in our house, and she had the key of space and time with her." Hotaru paused briefly. "Haruka, Michiru, Chibiusa, and Seiya entered Mamoru's dream world using this key, and they'll support Bunny there."

Three speechless faces stared back at her.

"I knew he was up to something," Yaten cursed after a moment of shock.

"Hotaru, thanks for your honesty. Can you and Setsuna come with us, at least until Michiru and Haruka return? Please go and pack your things," Makoto decided and took Setsuna from her. Minako was on the phone with Amy, bringing her up to date. Yaten waited outside, berating himself. Why hadn't he gone downstairs earlier? He should have noticed that Seiya was planning something. Last time, he hardly left Bunny's side. Absently, he drummed his fingers on the car's hood, gazing up at the stars. "Please come back safely."

A new futureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें