14 | cruel

Akira's POV

Did I hear it right? The cafe is on fire how?

"How aunty? What happened?" I asked Gupta aunty but she was panicking a lot. And by alot, I mean a LOTTTT.

"Aap pehle baithiye. Aaiye yaha." (You first sit. Come here) I made her sit and drink some water to calm her down first.

"Now tell. What happened?" I asked again.

"Beta, after you came back after licking the cafe, within an hour a call came to your uncle. It was from the 24/7 medical store in front of the cafe. He told him that some fog was comming from our cafe.

Then he further told us it might be fire. That's when your uncle made his way at an instance. We didn't wanted to wake you up and disturb you sleep without confirming ourself, but when we were confirmed I couldn't keep it to myself." Saying this aunty started crying.

I hold her in a hug as a sign of comfort. She looked so broken I wondered how much does this cafe means to her.

And as if reading my thoughts, she started telling me the backstory of the cafe and how Important it is to the couple.

"You know why we named it Ira's Cup? It's named after our only daughter, Ira." She spoke and then looked at me. My gaze must have been curious because she further spoke.

"She passed away at the age of 19 due to accident." She told me and looked down. To say the least, I was shocked. I never imagined this nice and sweet couple to have such a tragedy occurred.

"She was coming back from college. A drunken bus driver hit her hard and she passed away on the spot. She was so sweet and nice to everyone. But the World wasn't that to her in return." She said with bitter smile on her lips.

I can practically feel her pain. But I know I can't too.

"She wanted to have a cafe always. Tho she was mastering business, her plans were to open a chain of cafes later. So as a memorial for her, her father and I both left out teaching jobs and decided to fulfil her wish. On her name." She smiled adorably at this.

And I cried out while hugging her.

It was so sad to even think about such an incident and to say this happened with this strong lady sitting in front of me....is so cruel.

"Don't worry aunty. Nothing will happen to Ira's Cup. I promise that." I told her with determination in my eyes, pulling away from the hug as I wiped my and her tears.

And at the moment, I dialled the only person I could think of.