19 | nervous

Akira's POV

Ruhan was now done with changing the shirt and I gave him one of my hoodie. It was an oversized one which I bought from the male compartment of the store.

So it fit him just right.

I could have given Gupta uncle's clothes to him, but since uncle isn't home right now and nor is aunty, it would have been improper to touch their wardrobe in their absence. Though I know he wouldn't have minded.

However, as I bought the tray with three bowls of Maggie in it inside the room, I saw Ruhan talking on call with someone in the balcony, while Bhai was scrolling through his phone.

Even though we had finished our fries, we were still hungry. The only thing I can make is Maggie. And there's plenty of it at home. So I offered to make it.

Even thought Ruhan was ready to help me and almost followed me, bhai stopped him.

Heartless cousin!

I kept the tray on the side table. But Bhai didn't realise it. So I waited until Ruhan was done talking and then I cleared my throat to make my present felt.

"Oh the Maggie is here." Said Ruhan firstly.

"You go and wash your hands first. The railing which you were standing by wasn't clean. I hadn't cleant it in like, four days." I told him the truth.

To be honest I'm not a very clean freak person. Sure I like to stay clean and nice but I'm just too lazy. Whatever aesthetic I am is all on my Pinterest board only. Not in real life.

"Cool." Saying this he made his way inside the bathroom.

I gave the first bowl to Bhai and then he asked me something weird. Very, very weird.

"You....like him. Don't you?" He asked me and I starred at him dumbly.

"What?" I asked even though I got what he meant.

"You like Ruhan. Don't you?" He asked again, this time specifying more.

Why would he think so.

"Why do you think so?" I asked him what was in my mind.

"The way you treat him and the comfort level you both share. It makes me feel like you have something for him in your heart." He told me and it made me wonder, if whatever in my heart about Ruhan is, just a mere crush or something more than it?

"Plus the way he looks your way is also something closer to....love." He told me.

And this time I laughed.

"Love? Seriously Bhai? Are you even listening yourself right now?" I laughed out loud again. The idea of someone so magnificent like Ruhan loving someone as pitiful as me is just insane.

"You may not know right now but he does have something for you. The way he looks at you clears it all." He took the first bite of his Maggie after blowing it with air as it was still hot.

It made me wonder now.

"And what is the way he looks my way?" I asked while biting my lower lip.

Heck, I don't even know why I'm getting nervous.

"The way....you look at the moon."