04 | past

Shivay's POV

Today, she didn't come back.

She did left a few times in the past aswell. But never once did she returned after 10. Maximum 10.30.

But tonight, it's 2 in the morning and Akira isn't home.

My little sister. My only sister.

I am tired of explaining and try to make my parents realise how she is their daughter and how they should treat her.

It just never works on them.

It hurts to see her suffer so much because of their ego.

The same ego which had lead to the death of their first child.

Meera di.

She was two years elder than me. I was so close to her.

When I was two she used to take care of me. Even tho she herself was four at the time, we used to be so close and bonded.

But my parents treated her the same way they treat Akira today.

Without love and carelessly.

Just because she was a girl.

The next day of my third birthday, my parents took me to Bua ji's house. Leaving di alone at home with a careless nanny.

They never cared to hire good nannies for their kids. Not even for me.

Even tho they earn in lakhs per day.

After we came back home that day, di was missing. So was the nanny.

They didn't even try to find out where she went or if she was alright. All they cared was where the freaking nanny was since they paid in advance.

They only cared about their money.

When bua ji's family found about it, fufa ji investigated this matter themselves and after two weeks the police find Meera di's dead body by the lake.

I was devastated and broken.

My soul was wounded. And so was bua ji and fufa ji's.

But my parents only cared about my mother's third pregnancy. They were busy making prayers to grant them a son.

I was disgusted by them.

That was the moment I decided I hate my parents.

And seeing them behave the same with Akira, my heart breaks everytime.

Like one part of me wants to have her close to me and protect her. But the other makes me stay away.

It makes me concious about the pain I felt after Meera di. And that I wasn't ready to feel it again.

Maybe I was so selfish?

I did tried to help her from behind since forever. But I never showed her my love.

I should have showed it. Maybe she would have felt better.

I just hope she's fine wherever she is right now.

I swear to protect you forever Akira. Just....be safe please.

be safe please