Chapter 69: To You, 3,000 Years Later

Start from the beginning

So Serena... holy shit. She really took after Ash and then some. Mean, damn. And she's still new to this compared to the Kanto trio, meaning things gonna be crazy when she's got experience under her... which makes me wonder if Ash will still be panic-induced protective of her even after that.
Obvious, but I really like the dynamic between her and Cynthia throughout this. It's an interesting relationship and it's just funny.

I'm really liking that other groups outside of the narrative region one are actually making moves and doing things cause that's something that always bothered me when thinking about the other regions as a whole when all these events occur. Just are they really just waiting till their turn or are they planning and acting.

Then there's Ash again... he really is emotional deaf. 'Not my sister'. Sorry Daisy, he cares not for your shipping or feelings. I wanna shake him till his brain connects. Which I guess if he was conscious after beating Gary, he would have either have an inner monologue of 'you're not my brother' or he would have corrected Gary as soon as he could.

I am curious though. I'm expecting this won't be like Kanto where it's a couple of steps then jump to the league, but will it skip to the important bits like Gym battles and narrative points (with mentions of in between) or will it take it's time in between everything?

.

Alrighty, let's go through this one by one. *cracks fingers*
First off, thanks a lot for the reviews, Corrupted! A lot of your reviews are really enjoyable to read.

.

Fated!Ash to Canon:
That little omake is written in a way where you can think of it as Fated-certified canon or just an omake since it doesn't affect the story.

For as much willpower Fated!Ash has, when it comes to Serena, he WILL go crazy if something happens to her.
Especially canon!Ash leaving her, which is the absolute worst thing to happen to Fated!Ash.

.

Adults' reactions to Ash towards Giovanni:
Yep, you're right. The adults have to be professional, even if they absolutely have some bone to pick with against Giovanni.
That's what it means to be an adult, after all. You swallow whatever the hell you were about to fire off and try your damned hardest to power through it, even if you hate it.

But Ash isn't like that. Even though he's more mature than canon, he's still an 11-year-old boy. That's how he's written to be so there's room for growth there.

.

Eevee:
I mean, Adventures' Vee is rather iconic among the manga readers so I'm LEGALLY OBLIGATED to put it in one way or another.

.

Elm:
That poor dude... That Skitty/Wailord scarred me for life, man.

.

Serena:

Haha, I'm glad you guys enjoy our girl's first ever villain encounter. Believe me, you haven't seen anything yet. It's only going to get crazier from here.
Ash being protective of her when he comes for her is still present but not as much since I am not a big fan of main characters fretting over their clearly capable partner. But it's still gonna be there since... it's Ash, c'mon.

.

The world outside of Ash:

Hard agree. That's what makes One Piece amazing. I haven't read it yet but from what I understand, what makes it amazing is that the Straw Hats can be written off and the world would still be existing since its alive. That's top tier worldbuilding since the story doesn't need a locked protagonist to carry the plots. It's also what makes Luffy a proactive protagonist as opposed to canon!Ash who is more of a reactive protagonist.