Chapter 4

Narrator POV

    Our poor boy was crying buckets as he entered the house, in fact it was quite a challenge for him to get the keys to open the door. He fumbled them in his hands as he was alternating between them to wipe away his tears.

    Finally, a click sounded from the door as it swung open. He still carried his bags inside, dropping them as soon as he was able to shut the front door with just his foot.

If it wasn't Seonghwa, then nobody would do it.

He was alone in this house and alone in this family.

Following his instinct which was screaming at him to get some comfort, he went up the arctic.

    After all, he isn't the main character of a chick flick, where the protagonist would drown themselves in ice cream and tears.

    He was going straight down the memory line, as the last time he had cried this much, it had been for the same reason: his mom.

    Rushing up the stairs leading to the attic, tripping a few times along the way, he went to the box that contained all his important stuff along with his father's and mother's.

    At times like this, you wished that you could get the comfort from loved ones. However, the said person was gone forever, and it had happened all because of someone's greediness and envy.

    He looked through the box, having little to no difficulty, seeing as now most of his tears had fallen; or as Ariana would say : no more tears left to cry.

One thing he had in mind, and that what drove him to search through the box.

A distant memory formed in his mind.

"Eomma ! Look!"

    And there he was, Little Seonghwa in his autumn clothes. A small beanie sat on top of his head, matching the colours of his padded jacket and his small boots.

    The autumn festival was a small celebration, per se, that the community did to bring some fun to the neighbourhood. It was meant to celebrate the end of summer and making the last few days of the holidays fun before the start of school, it was a nice thing for everyone.

    They, as in the villagers, would take the responsibility to make it pretty by adding fairy lights all around the stalls, flowers, and glitters as well as colours banners on top of the stalls. There ware fresh foods, baked goods and prizes to be won which only made an appearance once they opened the festival to the rest of the public.

    It became a tradition, and a tradition that Seonghwa's family took great participation in. Seonghwa's mother would take some time off from work to go and help out with the baking and Seonghwa's father would assist with anything handy even though he was a bit clumsy.

"Can I have that?"

Little Seonghwa was excitedly pointing at a giant, fluffy teddy bear that he saw on a stall.

    It was hanging on top of the stall, which require the winner to shoot 18/ 20 of the balloons stuck to the wall.

    Seonghwa's mother scolded the kid for running off into the distance without letting them know in a crowded place, a rule that he often broke when something interesting caught little Seonghwa's eyes. He hung his head down, muttering a few apologies and excuses before pointing back again to the teddy bear.