Chapter 4 : The Note

Follow me on my Instagram

Id: @curlywrtts

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

ABHIR

It's 4 in the evening and I'm sitting in my cabin waiting for certain someone.

Let's just say that she is supposed to show me her presentation, which she has been working on. The clients are quite important to the company and they were really impressed by some of her old designs , so I decided to let her handle this project.

Mr. Kashyap told me that Aayat wanted to meet me and at the very moment my mood lit up. I asked him to cancel all my meetings just in case she comes to meet me and finds me busy.

Hmm...I see did you tell him the real reason?

Of course I didn't....You dumbass.
Now shut up.

She will be here anytime, and I'm excited to see her.
God, Why am I behaving like a child who's gonna get a choclate??

Shit.

"May I come in sir?" There was a knock on my door and I knew who it was.

Well I got my chocolate. Hehe..

I managed to keep up my straight face and said
"Come in."

"Good evening sir."

I nodded.

" Good Evening , Have a seat Miss Sahani." I smiled

"Sir , we have completed the presentation for tomorrow. I just want you to go through it if there are any changes."

"I believe in your work Miss Sahani that's the reason you are leading this project. I am sure the presentation will be good." I said genuinely because she is amazing at her work.

Now this earned me a smile....she is so beautiful. Like an angel.

"Thank you sir!" She exclaimed. "But still you are well experienced and as much as I know you have been friends with Mr. Kulkarni's daughter (Aayesha) so you might know what would impress her ."

I just kept staring at her, shocked at her statement....how could she even think that I would know about Ayesha's likes...it was exactly a month ago when she disrespected Aayat. She treated her like she didn't deserve to stand here, while the one who really didn't deserve it was her. She is just an ungracious spoilt brat . That was the moment I started hating her..not that I ever liked her but still...

"Sir."

"Yes!" She dragged me out of my thoughts.

"So will you check the presentation?" She asked hopefully.
And how could I say no to her.

"Yes. If there will be any changes I will text you..so you can make the changes then ." I stated. Even though I know there won't be.

"Okay, sir"

There was something stuck in my mind still , I wanted to ask her this but how should I...I am her boss what would she think...but this time my intrusive thoughts won.

"Did you have your lunch?" I asked.

Her expression was unreadable. I couldn't tell what was she thinking.
Did I say something wrong?
I shouldn't have asked this. I'm an idiot.

"Umm...no sir. " she mumbeld.

"I told you to not skip meals." Those words left my mouth before I could stop them.

"Excuse me." She exclaimed a bit startled by my statement.

Fuck

" I mean you should not skip meals especially when you are a working women...you have many things to handle...what if you fall ill..? You should take care of yourself. You are not gonna skip your meals from now on. Not even on terms of workload. Do you get it ?" I suggested.

She was speechless for a minute .Like she couldn't understand what just happened .

Yes I know!! she is fond of skipping her meals and I just hate this but how am I gonna tell her. (sigh)

"Ok sir....thank you . I will take a leave" she replied with a bit of hesitation. Of course the conversation didn't really go the way I wanted it to.

"Don't forget what I said Miss Sahani"

"Ok sir"

And she stormed out of the room...she could have stayed a bit longer.....

Tu thodi der aur theher ja..sohneya.

(Just stay a little longer.. sweetheart.)

*--------------------------*

It was a month ago

When I entered my office my eyes directly went to the desk where she sits, but today she wasn't there...might be grabbing a coffee....so I directly went to my cabin. I normally reach before her but today I had somethings to handle .

An hour later while I was leaving for a meeting she still wasn't there...so I asked Mr. Kashyap why was the desk empty .

He told me that Aayat isn't well so she couldn't make it today.

I felt a sudden urge to check on her and make sure she is doing fine , but I let it settle down.

Later that day, I heard kirti talking to Stef.

"I messaged Aayat, she still has fever. It must have happen because of her habit of skipping meals. I told her to not do so but she still does." She told stef with a concerned voice.

"Let's meet her after office." Stef suggested.

"Yes...she will feel better. Also she is staying alone , we can help her today "

"Done " Stef said.

I knew how difficult it is to live alone even with my family around me I have always been alone.

I just hope she is fine.

*-------------------------------*

PRESENT

Since then I started keeping those boxes on her desk every morning, just to make sure that she eats something.
I observed everything that she likes whenever all the employees were served with a treat. So that's the reason I keep everything in that box , she likes.

Well no one will ever know this secret but still i will keep doing it. I do have a selfish reason of doing that. First she stays fit and second...
I just want to see her everyday. My day feel incomplete without her .
It's like
Ek teer se do nishane..

(To kill to birds with one stone.)

(Sigh)

Will she ever know what she does to me?

No, Never

My phone pinged with a message
It was Jai

Jai: Lets grab dinner together.

Abhir: okay!!

Jai: The Pacific at 8:00

Abhir: 👍

Let's see what does he has to say...