Chapter 2 : Obsession

Follow me on my Instagram

I'd: @curlywrtts

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

ABHIR

The door closed , leaving me lost in thoughts of a 5'4 feet , 24 year old brunette, brown haired and hazel eyes with a touch of green that made me feel connected to life again.

Her eyes were like an enchanting forest, where the warm embrace of brown met the playful dance of green, and in their depths, I found a world of secrets waiting to be discovered and I wanted dive into them.

It was 2 months 7 days and 5 hours since I laid eyes on her when she stepped in my office and my life too. Since then Aayat Sahani has not just been my weakness but my obsession too. I could see her cheeks getting the slightest hint of red when I pointed her out for staring at me and I loved it.

White dress, hair tied in a bun , an infinity pendant, small diamond earrings, nude lips and a bracelet with her initials she wore everyday... Aayat looks like a goddess walking towards my world like hell.

My life was full of darkness and Aayat was the hint of light that gave me strength to survive everyday. Just a glimpse of her made my fucking day.

My happiness didn't remain for a long time....as Jai my childhood bestfriend entered my cabin. He was really fond of irritating me all the time. With black hair and a bearded face he was a 28 years old man who has been a pain in my ass for the last 20 years. I was 8 when I met him in my school and since then he hasn't left my side even at worst phases of my life. He owned a start up and was one of the most competitive entrepreneurs in the state.

"Hey , man." Jai said. Wearing a white t-shirt with a black denim and blue jeans , it seemed like I was definitely going with a headache

"Hello, how may I help you now??" I asked with a bit of anger.

"There are no manners left in today's generation. Do you even know how to greet, atleast ask me to sit." He said taking a seat .

"Do I need to say it , while you have already sat." I said " Now tell me what brought you here, because I am not in the mood for any mischief right now "

"Well, it's a bit serious...your parents called me again..(sigh) I don't know why you can't just call them and tell them that you are doing okay!! They are worried for you."

Step parents

"I know everything that happened...but why can't you just move on it's been fucking 10 years now." He continued.

"I have told you to block their number...why don't you do that? Why do I need to repeat myself...hmm?"

"Whatever happened is well known by you too . I have made this life for myself and my mother with my hard work...and now that I'm a successful they want to apologise and pretend that they care so they can live in the luxury I earned by my hard work....I'm sorry but I'm not that selfless to let them come back in my life...and ruin it like they did last time." I said

"I get it...but" he hesitated to continue.

"No buts we are not talking about it again...."I hissed

"Ok" he said

"Did you get a glimpse?" Jai asked

Even without any name or introduction I knew who was he talking about...offcourse he knew about her. I wasn't the one who told him about her...he guessed it by his own, well he was right though because she was the only reason I used to smile. But I wouldn't let him know how much her presence affects me .

"Do you don't have anything else to talk? Or are you free to waste time talking about my love life?"

"I didnt mention any name nor I was talking about your love life." He exclaimed.

Fuck..

"Fine..I just met her, she brought me some files.." I told him

Well that wasn't it but I am not gonna tell him more.

"Ohhh....so you already had a successful day!!." He exclaimed.

I internally smiled. Because yes , that is what i call a successful day.

"Do you have anything important to talk about or I would head up for my meeting."

"Yeah sure you may,....ummm....I'm coming with you." He shouted like child.

"Shit, fine ."I growled

While we were heading out from my cabin, my phone rang. I excused myself to recieve the call.....the call continued for a while. Well it was an important call and I wanted to focus on it, but I was interrupted by a sound....no...by a laugh.

I followed the sound and saw her again , she was laughing, and that was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. She was sitting with her colleagues talking and laughing, and I felt an urge to know what made her laugh. That sound felt like music to my ears.

You need to stop thinking about her and focus on your work my inner voice mocked me .

Hell I need to remember that I'm her boss, I have some limits. But for her I was ready to break them all.