Chapter 1 : The box

Follow me on my Instagram
Id: @curlywrtts

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

AAYAT

It's the 20th box I have received ever since I joined this company 2 months ago.
The mystery of the box.
Well I have been receiving gift boxes anonymously filled with my favourite chocolates and pastries. What shocks me is that how does the person know about me...about my likes and dislikes.
Prior to that I sometimes wonder who is the one? The person who cares.

The thought of him coming back scares me. But that's not possible noone has seen him in last one year after that incident.

Just then I was dragged out of my thoughts by Kirti one of my colleagues at 'Archer fashions' .

" Hey, you a got another one ?" She said.

"Well , yes I did . Did you find any clue who has been putting these here? " I asked .

"Umm..not really but it has to be a man for sure." She said with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"Aahh!!" I sighed

"Its still a mystery...." interrupted a deep voice. turning around to see the owner i was greeted with a blonde haired man who is in his early 20's with deep ocean blue eyes "Stephan". in short Stef. an american guy who has been working for the company since last 2 years.

"Mystery of the box" he exclaimed dramatically. " How's it going ladies...Got any hints?"

"Not yet" I uttered truly dissapointed.

" 20 days, 20 boxes. I am kind of impressed by the person for his punctuality. He never misses to keep this on time." He said with a mischevious glint in his eyes.

Well he was right about it the box was always kept at its place before I reached my office. Well he definitely will to keep his identity safe. I think we should come up with some plan for that.

"C'mmon guys! Back to work we have work to handle" I said trying to drift my mind of this box .

They went back to their tables and I tried to work but kept staring at the black screen. It felt like a daily routine to come to office, find the box , keep it aside and think about it all day that who sent it? I wanted to know who was behind it and then how did he know so much about me.

There's no chance he would come back. The thought of him coming back sends a shiver down my spine. i see my hands start trembling at his mere thought.

I try to focus when a grey haired man in his late 50's appears at my table with a stern look at his face. 'Mr. Alok Kashyap' my manager. I haven't this man smiling since i have joined the company. God knows whats with his stern look?

" Sir wants to see you now with the files. Are the designs ready?" He informed.

"Yes sir." I replied.

" Meet him in his cabin after 5 minutes." he instructed and left.

"Okay." I muttered to myself.

It was his normal phase. Carrying a stern look whole day, doesn't his face hurt. But all i know is that he isn't that heartless, he is a good person and keeps his professional and personal life different. He has a simple instruction NO MISTAKES

*-----------------------*

I make my way towards the cabin and my heart thumps under my rib cage. i always get nervous around him. He carries that dark intimidating aura.

" May I come in, Sir? " I ask as i knock on the door.

"Yes, come in." Comes back a deep velvety voice.

I twist the door knob and the door creaks open .

I am greeted with a 6'3 feet black haired man. With deep black orbs that match the color of his hair, chiseled jaw and olive skin this man stands out in the crowd conventionally. I must be too much freak to admit that he is the most handsome i have ever met in my life.

'Abhir Raghuvanshi' The CEO of Archers Fashion. The Storm of Fashion Industry. The most handsome man I have even come across.

My eyes scan his apperance..the well built body, the perfectly tailored suit , the rolex watch. His appearance carries a powerful intimidating aura. His face is too distant to be read as he has his signature stoic expression.

Those eyes met mine, and what I could see was just a deadly storm which would swallow everything that came in its way.
And I preferred staying away from danger.

"Good morning, sir." i wished lowering my gaze. to avoid the intensity of the eye contact.

"Good morning Ms. Sahani. Have a seat" he asserted and gestured towards the seat placed in front of him across the table.

"Thank you, sir." I exclaimed settling down.

"Here are the files you asked for... I have completed all the designs." I slide the files towards him. during this action of passing and grabbing , his fingers gently brushed mine. The gesture sends a jolt of electricity down my spine and i instantly retrieve back my hand.

He went through the files again unfazed about the incident just a few moments ago. his eyes scan the files while my scans him. He looks like a Greek God i thought in my mind.

"Do I look too handsome today that you can't take your eyes off me." interrupted his deep voice.

Fuck.
He noticed me oogling him. Didn't he?

Shit that wasn't supposed to happen. My eyes went wide and i gasp at his statement. All i wish is this land to tear apart and swallow me whole but i stand intact.

" Umm...yes. I mean no.... I was lost in my own thoughts." I shattered trying to cover up my stupid action.

He nodded in agreement and I left his cabin with flaming red cheeks .

How can someone be so straightforward. That's not a good thing to do. Didn't anyone teach him basic Manners.

I settled back on my table with my cheeks and body still heated due to embarrassment.

Noone should be so straightforward, it's embarassing for people.
Stupid person
Oh God put some sense in his brain.

_____________________________________

Guys give this novel a chance, the chapter will be getting better and longer.

Its my first novel and I wish to write more but that highly depends on your response.

VOTE AND COMMENT ❤️✨