Battle 21: A Living Legend

Start from the beginning

Ditto: Ditto. (Hi)

Lance: Wow. A Ditto. Now that's a rare sight.

Niko: Um, Lance, sir? Niko said bashfully. It's nice to meet you, sir. My name is Niko. And Eevee here is my partner.

Lance: A pleasure to meet you. I don't suppose you're here to enter the Tournament in town?

Niko: Uh, yeah. But, what's this tournament all about?

Lance: Well, I guess you could say this tournament is a sort of small test for the Pokémon League.

Kota: A test?

Lance: Yes. You see this tournament is actually issued by the Pokémon. You could say it's for trainers that are midway in their journey. The goal is help trainers improve their Pokémon. The entry requirement for trainers is to at least have five badges.

Niko: Oh! I have five badges. Look. Niko showed Lance the badges he's collected.

Lance: I see. Then I'd say you're eligible to enter. I'll be seeing you there. Lance was about to leave when Niko stopped him.

Niko: Wait!

Lance: Huh?

Niko: Well, I heard that the winner of the Tournament gets their wish granted. Is that true?

Lance: Yes it is. As long as the wish is within reason of course. Until then. Lance put on his disguise and left the trio.

Kota: So, are you entering the tournament, Niko?

Niko: You better believe it! Niko said feeling pumped up.

Elsewhere, Team Rocket was seen eating food from cans.

James: I'm tired of eating all these mushy canned foods.

Jessie: I'm tired of your whining. If you don't want it then fork it over.

Meowth: Is rather give up my left paw!

Levi: Can it, all of you! Levi said. So far, you three haven't gathered any decent Pokémon. Well this time I'm gonna do all thinking. And you three are gonna follow my orders. To. The. Letter. Got it?

Team Rocket: Yes, Lil Boss! They all lined up and said.

James: Um, just out of curiosity, how will we go about this new plan? Levi looks around until he spots a certain flyer.

Levi: Heh. I got the perfect idea. And the perfect target.

Back with our heroes, they were making their way to the stadium where the local Tournament was being held. Niko was signing up at reception.

Receptionist: Sign here and your information. Also, write down the three Pokemon you will use in the tournament.

Niko: Wait, so I have to use the same Pokémon in the Tournament?

Receptionist: That's right. The ones in charge of Pokémon League believes that this adds a certain level of difficulty. She explained.

Niko: Hmm.

Duplica: Which Pokémon are you gonna use?

Niko: I know! Niko wrote down the Pokémon he'll be using on the paper. They all head to the waiting.

However, they didn't notice Levi walking over.

Levi: Hmph. So that kids here? Even better. He smirked.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket was keeping a watchful eye on the trainer whose badges they stole.

James: The Lil boss has really outdone himself on this one.