14

My Lucky Stars

Vernon is sitting in a bar with the others while grinning like a fool

Vernon is sitting in a bar with the others while grinning like a fool. The reason for his goofy smile is so obvious, his boyfriend Seungkwan. He is happy that he had found the love of his life. He considers himself lucky.

They're all drinking as if there's no tomorrow. But Vernon, Wonwoo, Woozi and Scoups aren't drinking. The three of them aren't drinking because they had to drive and Jihoon isn't drinking because he doesn't wanna experience a hangover. Joshua and DK are being crazy on the dance floor. Jihoon and Vernon both sometimes wonders how Joshua become the most crazy one from time to time.

On the other hand, Scoups is being sulky and complaining non stop to Wonwoo that he couldn't drink because he had to drive his friends and boyfriend. "Didn't
you want to be a dad along Jeonghan with hyung? So, stop complaining," Wonwoo shuts him up. Scoups whined at Jihoon who simply ignored the big child.

Jeonghan, Mingyu and Seungkwan are laughing like crazy who knows for what reason. But Scoups, Vernon and Wonwoo look at them like whipped boyfriends they are and Jihoon rolls his eyes at that.

But suddenly Seungkwan got from there and sat beside Hansol while leaning on his chest. "You okay, babe?" Vernon asks concerned about his hyper boyfriend's sudden change of mood. "Hmm, I'm good. I just wanted to be with you." Seungkwan murmured in his chest. Vernon flushed at the sudden boldness of his boyfriend. Well, when wasn't Seungkwan bold anyway.

Vernon wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's tiny waist to let him rest comfortably. "Rest well baby," he whispered giving his crown little kisses. 'I might have used up all my lucky stars just to have you,' Vernon thinks looking down at his boyfriend who's resting on his chest peacefully.

Vernon

Vernon had always been a quiet kid. He was fluent in English from an early age as mom was from American. He was only close with his sister as many kids of his age didn't like him for looking like a foreigner. He didn't like being called out or looked down because of looking like a foreigner.

But there were other kids who didn't care if he was a foreigner or not. At first they would show him kindness but later they would be the one to call him weird behind his back. Vernon knew he wasn't like other kids, he was unique in his own way. Everyone in this world is unique. But still others would call him weird.

In his middle school, he tried to get along with others. But it didn't go the way he had planed. He didn't like listening to the dirty talks about girls or porno. So, he left those so called uncultured friend. But those kids started spreading rumors about Vernon and again called him weird.

Vernon couldn't take all these. He wanted to quit his study and life for good. But he stopped himself from doing so. Because, he knew it wouldn't solve anything and he wouldn't want his mom and sister to suffer for him who had always been supportive towards him and nothing less. He was grateful to them.