Ch 58

Guts looked around. He was in a white void. He wore his Raider armor, sword on his back as his attention was drawn to the side.

Ector, Kay, and Gaston rode on horseback as the entire group of loyalists followed behind them. They looked forward, expressionless as they traveled. Guts didn't like it, something wasn't right, they were leaving him.

"WAIT! Where's everybody going?!"

He shouted as he began to run after them, his movements slow as the entire party ignored his shouting. Guts looked towards the destination they were heading and his eyes widen upon seeing a black abyssal hole down the path.

"St—STOP! Don't go that way! It's bad news!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. It felt like every step he took, they only got further away from him. "ECTOR, KAY, GASTON!!! Turn back!"

He shouted, yet the entire party continued onwards and began to disappear out of sight, into the black abyss.

"TURN BAAAACK!!!!!!!"

The white void was taken over by the dark abyss, making Guts stop before he looked around. His gaze stopped on two glowing yellow dots in the distance.

————————————

————————————

"HAH!!!"

Guts gasped as he woke up, feeling a pain in his right eye. He sat up and reached for the eye with his left hand, only to see a stump in it's place. It wasn't just a nightmare. He looked down at his body, it was wrapped in bandages, chest, arms, neck and eye, even his forehead. He wore a pair of loose black pants and could see bandages had reached down to his ankles. He looked around, noticing he was in a familiar cave and that he was currently laying in a bed.

He laid back down, listening as the water flowed through the cave floor and the birds chirping from outside, hearing them through the cracks. His ears twitched upon hearing footsteps, making his head turn towards the makeshift staircase.

"Who's there?" He asked, unable to properly see the person. The footsteps stopped before a gasp was heard.

"GUTS! YOUR AWAKE!" A familiar Irish accented girl spoke before the foot steps started increasing. The girl had suddenly slipped before a crash was heard. "OWIE OWIE OWIE!!!"

"....Erica?" He grunted, turning onto his side to fully see the girl. She was on the floor, holding her head as a tray and several cups of water was spilled onto the ground. Another set of footsteps, heavier than Erica's, made their way down the stairs before coming to a stop.

"You need to be careful Erica. Walking to fast caused you to trip.....Guts?" Lancelot stood there, wearing a leather jerkin and pants, his hair loose and down.