Ch 45

"HAHAHA, Buddy you act like you know something!"

Wyald laughed as he and Guts broke their clash, Wyald only using a wooden club. Wyald easily blocked another attack from Guts, staring the younger man in the eyes.

"That stupid cow Zodd said there was a lively one in Artoria's army...." Wyald chuckled as he leaned in close to Guts's face. "And that just might be you! A shame Morgan wants you alive, I'd love to fight you to the death!"

'So he is like Zodd.....' Guts thought to himself as he pushed away from Wyald. "Your gonna find I'm not easy to take alive!"

"Looks like this will be an unexpected festival eve." Wyald chuckled as he twirled his club before assuming his stance upon his horse. "LET'S PLAY BOY!"

"RAIDERS, DON'T FALL BEHIND THE CAPTAIN!" Gaston cried out to his men as he sliced through an incoming enemy. He looked up past the chaos and saw Guts fighting against Wyald alone, driving Gaston to slice through the enemies faster so he could come to his commander's aid.

_____________

"Make sure she's safe. The battle might even escalate up to here."

Mordred ordered as two soldiers unloaded Artoria on a stretcher and took her underneath a tree, going in through the hole they had dogged up as shelter.

"Where's Merlin?" Ector asked as he grabbed Guts's cloak from the carriage and laid it over Artoria when they sat her down. "Artoria needs her now!"

"She said she was busy." One of the soldiers spoke as they turned to the older man. "Had to regain energy, she said."

"Damn it! And right when we need her to!" Kay cursed to himself as Mordred turned to watch the fighting that took place far away from their position. "Merlin could end this whole fight!"

"It's to be expected." Lancelot spoke up. "She's constantly shielding us from Morgan who's trying to discover our location for the past year, and she had to place those glyphs at the last minute."

"It doesn't matter now." Mordred said as she hopped onto a nearby horse. Getting the message, the others hopped onto their horses as well as Mordred took charge. As they raced down there, she could see Guts locked in combat with Wyald. The two never keeping their fight in one place as they traveled across the field, swinging there weapons with speed never before seen.

"G-GET BACK OR YOU'LL BE DRAWN IN!" She heard Gaston shout, seeing the limbs of any who got to close to the battle fly into the air. "Amazing..." she heard Gaston speak as she got close enough. "He's back in full force! The commander is back and even more awesome than before!"

'He sure is. That sword handling is beyond what I've ever seen him do. First the escape from Camelot and now this? He's done something to improve his strength and speed....' Mordred thought to herself in amazement as the others descended into combat with the enemy. But Mordred's amazement was halted upon seeing Wyald's capability. 'But that man, Wyald is easily keeping up with him.......if Artoria could stand I'm sure her and Guts could easily fight him off.'

_______________

'This guy's incredible! He's stopping my sword with a goddamn log!! And his movements aren't even a technique, there sloppy! He's reacting off of his instincts!' Guts bared his teeth as he attack Wyald with a flurry of attacks, the bigger man easily keeping up with his attacks and speed like it was child's play. 'But....he's not going to parry like that for long!'