Ch 39

Guts stared at the guards on the stairway, the dark hole illuminated by their torches as they looked down at him, crossbows at the ready. He heard Mordred shout at him, but couldn't make out what she was saying. All noise around him sounded muffled, replaced with the sound of his heart beating. He bared his teeth as sweat rolled down his face.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Guts roared in rage as he charged up the stairs in blinding speed. He came in with a downward strike, cleaving the nearest guard in half. He then attacked two more guards in quick succession, cutting the top half of one's head before cutting another in half through the waist. He was unrelenting, cleaving each of his enemies with easy with his ferocious attacks, there bodies falling of the stairway.

"H-How dare you?! You resist?!?!?" The leading officer watched in fear as the swordsman cleaved through his men like they were nothing. He looked down at the archers in front of him, noticing them shaking in place as their faces turned into a dreadful expression. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! SHOOT!!! SHOOT HIM DAMN IT!!!!!!!"

The archers nodded before taking aim and firing down at the warrior. Guts took notice of this just as his sword pierced a guards chest. He quickly moved the guard in front of him, letting the arrows pierce the body, the guard screaming in agony. The other guards in front of him watched in horror as Guts lifted his sword into the air, before slamming it and the body hanging on it, down onto the other guards. He cleaved two of their heads, the body hitting the other guards behind the first two. Guts swung his sword to the left, making the bodies fall into the hole.

"AHAAAHHHHH!"

The guards screamed in horror as they turned around and began running towards the exit, the archers also tried running away but was stopped by the leading officer.

"F-FOOLS! WHO TOLD YOU TO RETREAT?!?!" The officer demanded, but the guards tried pushing him back as they grouped up on him. "STAND YOUR GROUND!! STOP PUSHING......WE'LL ALL FALL! TURN BACK AND—"

The officer watched as Guts jumped up into the air, coming in for a downward strike upon the group. Before the strike landed, the officer could see the look in Guts's eyes. They lacked any emotion or mercy, his face expressionless and showing no signs of exhaustion or stopping.

.
.
.

Mordred watched as more bodies fell down past her, disappearing into the hole. Some were still alive, screaming as they fell to their doom. She's never seen this from Guts, never seen him truly pissed.

"Oh......oh....."

Artoria grunted as she tried to breath despite her lack of a tongue. Ector still held her close, Kay kneeling beside her as he stared at his sister. Guts's cape spared him from seeing what the Imp did to her body. Lancelot held the princess as she finally saw the state Artoria was in.

"I......I'm sorry Artoria......" Guinevere forced back her tears as she hugged Lancelot close. "I'm.......my father would never.......he's a good man..."

"We can't stay here." Mordred said, turning back to the group. "Ector, take Artoria and keep her close. Lancelot, Kay your with me. We need to find a means of transportation."

"What about the princess?" Lancelot asked as he saw more bodies falling down the hole. Guinevere pulled away from the purple haired man, making him hum. "Princess...."

"I'll be alright Ser Lancelot." She told him. "They won't hurt me. You need to get Artoria out of here if you wish to escape."

"HEY!"