Ch 24

Tonight is the celebration of Arthur's successful rebellion. The kings and all their nobles were attending. They would pledge fealty or respect to Arthur, guaranteeing a peaceful rule of Camelot and Britain as a whole, the final stage of Arthur's story to be written into a book for all to read.....of course, there are those who will do anything to prevent such a thing from happening...........

———————————————————

———————————————————

"WOOOW!" Kay spoke out as he looked around the ballroom. "IT'S HUGE!"

The ballroom was cleaned and filled with nobles, all talking to one another with smiles on their faces. All were dressed in colorful suits and gowns. The old and younger generation mingled with the nobles who came with the other kings. The chandeliers lit up the entire room, it's light bouncing of the floor that mirrored the occupants standing atop it.

Then there was they're group walking into the room. Arthur, Kay, Ector, Lancelot, Merlin, and even Guts wearing their own suits. Guts's being a blue pirate like suit with gold lining. Arthur led the group.

"Talk about showy..." Guts groaned out as he followed his group and looked at all the fancy nobles. "All the commoners taxes must have went into making there clothes."

"Hey, what are you so moody about?! Stick out your chest!" Kay spoke as he place his hand on Guts's shoulder,pulling him in close. "We earned this. Although it's a little over due, we deserve a party! All of use started out small and fought our way through impossible odds. Being here is like a dream come true!"

"I don't know what parties you attended...." Lancelot spoke with a smirk. "But Kay is right, parties like this are rare to come across. Enjoy yourself to the fullest."

"KING ARTHUR!"

The group stopped and noticed a crowd of ladies coming straight for them. They crowd of women picked their target, blocking off Arthur from the group, forcing them to watch.

"I heard of your countless victories!" One spoke out to Arthur, who kept a calm face.
"I heard your strength is unmatched!"
"How many victories have you won single handedly?"
"Is it true you have dragon's blood flowing through your veins?"

"Aren't tales of battle boring and barbaric for ladies?" Arthur spoke smoothly, making the girls gasp and smile cutely.

"Not at all!"
"We don't mind!"
"You're our king!"
"We find them quite stimulating."

"He's a natural!" Ector muttered to himself, a sense of pride for his foster son filling his heart.

"Hey, at least send one this way!" Kay spoke. Ector sighed as nothing but disappointment for his biological son filled his heart. Lancelot looked over and smirked before he spoke.

"You think that's impressive, look over here." Lancelot pointed, Kay followed his finger and his mouth nearly feel off at the mere sight of what he saw.