Filler 1

Filler 1

"But Dad!"

"No buts, your mother has to work and we're going to have our family Christmas. You know that she's a Healer first and Mother second."

"Yeah, but I wanted us to be home together with nothing life threatening, no clients, just our family."

"I know, I do too. But I'm just happy that we're invited this time. Normally, she's stuck at the hospital."

Theodore [Ted] has to supress a laugh as Nympadora's hair turns grey and drab as she sulks, "But it's my last Christmas before I have to find my own place."

"You know you can just stay here."

"What? And listen to your snide remarks when I bring a boy home?"

"Sarcastic, please."

"You wouldn't know sarcasm if it hit you in the face."

"Go on, get packed so that we don't need to look for anything in the morning."

═══════ ೋღ ֍ ღೋ ═══════

Gradually Kitty returns to awareness looking at the inside of a healing pod, reaching up with her arm, she presses the release button. Then let's her arm slump back down as it feels like she's under 2 or 3g. As the lid opens, a human woman walks over, followed by a goblin.

"How do you feel?" she asks.

"Like there's 2 or 3g of gravity here."

The goblin closes his eyes, and an azure glow settles over her, "Your soul is back in one piece at least. Physically you're underweight, and your muscle mass is at the bare minimum for humans."

The woman waves a wand at her, "And your magical reserves are recovering nicely. Congratulations on your nuptials by the way. Your Honeymoon is going to be spent putting your weight back on, as well as physical therapy until you are able to keep up with Straightseam's guards."

"What? What are nuptials?"

"What Healer Tonks is saying, is that you're married. Congratulations, it almost killed you."

"But the Kubrow..."

"Didn't have magic. There's a reason why magical research is considered one of the highest risk professions in the magical world, curse breaking being another. It doesn't take much to turn a new spell into something you don't want to be anywhere near. It's also why the restriction on goblins using wands is so harsh, as they require much less skill to use."

Andromeda frowns, "I'm not sure that's true."

Straightseam smiles, "Cast a lumos without your wand then."

"You know I can't."

"Just because there are complicated things you can do with your wand, doesn't stop it being simpler to use than doing magic without them."

Kitty sighs tiredly, "Do you mind having this conversation elsewhere? Where's Harry?"

Andromeda grimaces sourly, "He's in the pod next to you. Natah did a lot more damage to him to get your Oro back then she did putting it back in you." – she gently touches her own chest – "I would never have believed such a thing was even possible."

Straightseam grumps right next to her, rubbing his own chest, "I shouldn't have challenged her to prove that they're not actually part of your souls."

Kitty laughs, and then starts coughing from the exertion.

Andromeda looks at her kindly, "I'm going to send you back to sleep, and we'll try to have some nutrient potions ready for when you wake up."

═══════ ೋღ ֍ ღೋ ═══════