Jeena meets Kcris' mother.

Both get out of the car, Kcris hands the keys to the valet and both walk inside the hotel.
“Why are we here, Kcris?”
“You have a memory of a goldfish, Jeena. Didn’t I ask you to treat me to a meal for spoiling my surprise?”
"Yeah. But, when did I agree to it?"
Kcris makes a cute innocent puppy face before saying, "Jeena, I always thought of you as a nice, generous and most importantly fair person."
Before Kcris can add anything more to this, Jeena shushes Kcris by saying, “Enough with the dramatics. Just tell me, do you want me to buy you lunch here?”
“Obviously. Duh. Why else would I bring you here?”
"Okay... Fine. Have at it."
Both Kcris and Jeena, are escorted to a table by the waiting staff. Kcris asks Jeena to order first and gives her the menu. Jeena opens it and is shocked to see the prices. Jeena then passes the menu to Kcris, going like, “You order. I am not that hungry.”
Kcris smiles as she somewhat knows what Jeena is thinking right now. Kcris orders all of Jeena’s favourite Japanese dishes. Once the waiting staff leaves, Kcris asks Jeena, “Are you sure that you don’t wanna eat anything?”
“Yes, Kcris. I told you already.”
“Okay... So, how has your life been? It’s six months since we last saw each other.”
“Nothing much, Kcris. Just going to college and doing a few modelling assignments. That’s how my life has been. How have you been after coming back here? Did you miss me?”
“Every single day, Jeena.”
“Hmm… Kcris, can I ask you something?”
“Anything.”
“Why did you choose to buy my aunt’s house? I mean… you know… Alex and I used to live there.”
“I know what you’re thinking, Jeena. But, I can’t be angry about your past. Yes, I do hate Alex because she hurt you, but a little happy too, because that got me, you as my girlfriend. Jeena, I can’t erase your painful memories, but I can paint them in a new colour. That’s what I am doing. I don’t want any place in the world to be a sad reminder for you.”
“Thank you, Kcris… you know what, every time I try to stay mad at you, you do something so nice and sweet for me that I fall in love with you even more.”
Kcris is left with no words to say. Luckily, at the same time, the head chef himself brings the food and greets both of them. Once all the dishes are served, the head chef explains every dish from the ingredients used to the various techniques used for each dish. Jeena carefully listens to every detail shared by the head chef.
Later, Jeena says to Kcris, “This is a really nice hotel. The head chef not only personally served us, but also explained the dishes. I like this place. I would have come here again if this place was any cheaper.”
“No, Jeena. They don’t do this for every customer. I asked the head chef to do it as I know how much you like cooking and are always keen on improving your culinary skills.”
Jeena is in shock for a second.
“Don’t think too much, Jeena.”
“Kcris, is there anything normal with you?”
“What do you mean? Isn’t it normal, to eat lunch in a hotel with my girlfriend like a normal regular couple?”
“No, Kcris. Not all people come and eat in such fancy restaurants and hotels regularly. They often save money to come to places like these and that too, only for special occasions.”
“Is our six-month anniversary not a special occasion, Jeena?”
“Kcris, don’t do that. You very well know what I mean. Anyway, we are already here, why don’t you start eating.”
“There are so many dishes, Jeena. Why don’t you help me finish them?”
Jeena gives a deadly stare as a way of saying to Kcris, 'why would you order if you can’t finish?'
Kcris feigns innocence by saying to Jeena, “You just said, it’s not cheap to eat in places like this. So, we shouldn’t be wasting any food as it costs us a lot of money.”
Jeena wants to hit Kcris’ head with something for ordering food so carelessly, but she refrains from doing that in a place like this and politely agrees. Both start to eat and once they are done, Jeena pulls out her card to pay for the bill, but Kcris gestures to her not to do that. Jeena places it back in her bag and walks out with Kcris. Both are standing at the entrance waiting for the valet to bring their car. And, this is when Jeena asks, “Why didn’t we pay, Kcris?”
“Because I already paid when I made the reservation.”
“Then why did you make a fool out of me?”
“I didn’t. I said something and you believed it, so how is it my fault.”
Jeena hits Kcris on her arm and then immediately starts to look here and there to check if somebody has seen her do that. Seeing Jeena behave like this, Kcris has a good laugh. The valet brings the car and passes the keys to Kcris. Kcris then asks Jeena if she wants to drive, showing her the keys. Jeena immediately grabs it, going like, "This beauty... without any doubt."
Both reach the house where Jeena has been living all this time, waiting for Kcris to come back from the UK. Earlier, for Kcris, this house may just be where Casey used to live, but now it’s where she and Jeena started living together.
After getting out of the car, Kcris asks Jeena, if she can hug her.
"Why? Can't you wait till we get inside, Kcris?"
"I am not coming in, Jeena. I still have work to do. I just came to drop you off. Besides, I have to return the car to its owner."
"Wait... This ain't your car?"
"Nopes. It's Neil's car."
Jeena sighs and this makes Kcris ask, "Why?... Do you want me to have this car? I can buy it."
"I very well know that you can buy it within minutes. But, I don't want you to buy it, Kcris."
"But, you like it, Jeena."
"Yes, I like it. Even so, I don't want you to waste money on buying the same car your brother has. What's the point of having two same cars within the same house? It's a total waste."
"How is it a wastage of money, if it makes you feel happy, Jeena?"
"Kcris, I fell in love with you because of you, not because of your money. I don't want it. I don't want you to spend your hard-earned money just because your girlfriend likes something."
"But, I am with you and with me comes my money."
"Argh..." Jeena is getting frustrated now, so she quickly hugs Kcris and goes like, "You wanted a hug, you got it. So, now, please leave."
Before leaving, Kcris tells Jeena, "Tomorrow, I'll pick you up after college, so text me when you are done."
The very next day, around 3 in the afternoon, Kcris picks up Jeena from college. Kcris then takes her to a cemetery. Jeena without saying anything, keeps following Kcris.
"Jeena, I have already met your family. I wanted the same for you, but unfortunately, mine isn't around to welcome you. Only Neil is there, and you have already met him. I brought you here to meet my mother."
Kcris' voice has started to crack as if she is gonna cry. Jeena right away holds Kcris' hand in a way of being her support.
"Hi, mom. It's been quite some time. You must have found a few new friends by now. You were always good at making friends."
Kcris has tears in her eyes and she is trying her best to hold them in.
"This beautiful girl with me is Jeena. We started dating each other 6 months back. Your daughter hasn't been very nice to her. Today is our 6-month anniversary and we hardly have any good memories. I brought her to meet you because I want her to trust me when I promise her that I'll be good to her and will love her every single day."
While Kcris is saying this, she is tightly holding onto Jeena's hand. Up until now, Kcris has been facing her mother's grave. Kcris now turns to Jeena and says to her, "Our first six months have been quite rough. I promise you that you won't have to live those ever again. I'll be good to you... truthful and loyal."
Jeena covers Kcris' mouth with her palm and tells her, "You don't have to promise me all this. You being by my side is already enough."
Kcris hugs Jeena tightly and cries. This time, it's Jeena who is trying to calm Kcris down. Kcris is not a person who would cry that easily. But, today Kcris can't hold it in and lets it all out. Jeena lets Kcris cry like a baby.
"Are you feeling any better, Kcris?"
"Yes, thank you for being here."
"Hmm... Kcris."
"Yes, Jeena."
"I have met your mother. How about you introduce me to your father as well?"
"He isn't here. He was cremated. I don't know the reason why he was... We were just kids when he passed away."
"I am sorry, Kcris."
"No, don't be. What happened has already happened and you have nothing to do with it. So, please..."
"Okay, Kcris. (After a pause, Jeena further asks Kcris,) Is Casey here too?"
"Yes, Jeena. But, why do you ask?"
"Can you take me to her?"
"Yeah, sure. Come along."
When they are at Casey's grave Jeena asks Kcris if she can be alone with her for some time.
"Of course take your time. I'll be outside waiting for you near the car."
Jeena comes out of the cemetery and sees that Kcris is busy on a call. After the call is disconnected, Kcris is very pissed off at something. But, seeing Jeena's face makes Kcris smile again.
"Is everything all right, Kcris?"
"Yeah. It's all good. Let's go home, girlfriend."
"Yeah."
After reaching Jeena's old house, Kcris asks her if she is ready for it. Jeena replies ‘Yes’ and the moment Jeena sets foot inside the house, she is in total awe.
"What magic wand did you use, Kcris? Now, I can't even remember how this house used to look from the inside originally."
"Do you like it?"
"Of course. I like it, Kcris... Did you change the furniture too?"
"Yes."
Jeena is really angry after hearing that Kcris has not only changed the interior but also the entire furniture of the house. Jeena doesn't like when Kcris goes overboard with things and ends up spending a huge chunk of money without any rhyme or reason. Jeena hasn't been with Kcris for quite a long time, so she decides to let go of her angst for the time being and also, it's their six-month anniversary.
Kcris brings in the cake and both cut it. After having cake, both, Kcris and Jeena slow-dance for some time.
"Kcris, can we eat now? I am hungry."
Kcris chuckles and goes like, "Of course."
And, Kcris takes Jeena to the next room and makes her sit at the dining table. Kcris then brings in the dishes one after the other. Both enjoy the meal in a perfect candlelight setting. Kcris cleans up after dinner and Jeena helps her too.
"Jeena, you go take a shower first."
"But, we didn't bring our clothes and toiletries here."
"Don't worry. Tessa has already taken care of everything."
"Okay." And, Jeena goes toward the washroom while murmuring, "What will happen to you, Kcris if Tessa isn't there?"
Kcris does hear her but says nothing and only smiles. After coming out of the shower, Jeena asks Kcris to go next and she herself goes to the bedroom, where she dries her hair using a hair dryer.
Later, when Kcris comes out of the shower, she also goes to the bedroom, to look for the hair dryer. Kcris is wearing her regular night suit and her hairs are towel-wrapped. Due to wet hair, Kcris still has some water dripping down her forehead. And, the dim blue light of the bedroom makes it look a lot more appealing and alluring. Jeena can't keep her eyes off Kcris. So, when Kcris asks Jeena about the hair dryer, she says nothing and only points toward the shelf where she has left it.
The moment Kcris plugs in the dryer and removes the towel to let her hair down, Jeena is totally mesmerized by Kcris' beauty. Jeena gets up and takes the dry from Kcris' hands, going like, "Let me help you, Kcris."
Kcris says nothing and gives the dryer to Jeena with a sweet smile on her face. While Jeena is drying Kcris' long beautiful hair, Kcris' eyes are locked on Jeena through the mirror. After drying, Jeena braids Kcris' hair into plates. Kcris usually prefers a loose hair bun or a single ponytail at night as they take less time and are as comfortable as plates.
Jeena hasn't said anything since Kcris has come into the room. So, when Jeena is done helping Kcris with her hair, Kcris turns to face Jeena and holds Jeena's chin to help her lift her face to look Kcris directly in the eyes.
"What? Say it, Jeena,"
Jeena in a rather low but sensuous voice, says, "You're really beautiful, Kcris."
Kcris chuckles playfully and then says, "Thank you, Jeena."
Jeena pulls herself back as she is feeling a bit awkward. It feels like the magical spell of Kcris' beauty has just worn off.