Chapter Twenty Seven (Jay & Jenn)

Start from the beginning

“Nice to meet you. I’m Jenn.” She said.

My mum smiled widely and moved towards her. “Jenn? Such a beautiful name. You are so beautiful too. You sure you are my son’s mate? Too good to be true. You know Jay is sometimes a little slow, a little too blockheaded. When he gets nervous, he will keep blabbering on and on. Last time, when he is interested in this girl…”

I immediately pulled Jenn towards me. “Mum, I’m not like that and why are you telling her this?”

“What’s wrong?” My mum continued to talk to Jenn. “Last time, when he is interested in this girl, he does not know how to express it. He just went talking nonsense and the girl got frightened.” And mum went laughing. I looked at Jenn’s expression. She just smiles at my mum.

“And there is this another time, a girl confessed to him. She is quite pretty and decent. He got so nervous and he poured a drink on her.” Mum went laughing again.

“Dad, Mum, I’m showing Jenn around the house.” I held on to Jenn’s hand and quickly pulled her away from my mum. God knows what she will spill out next. I showed Jenn around the house to let familiarise so she won’t get lost. After that, we went out to the garden to take a walk. She is walking in front and I’m walking behind her. She walked to the fountain and stood in front of it. I walked up to her and hugged her from the back.

“What are you thinking? You know I really hate it when you blocked me out from your thoughts.” But I still respect her if she feels that she needed privacy.

She turned around and hugged me tightly. She closed her eyes and leaned on my chest.

“Jenn?” Ok. I’m starting to get worried. She mustn’t have any weird thoughts running in her mind. You don’t know her. She always surprises me.

“Jay…” She called my name softly.

“Yea?”

Then, she kept silence again. “Jenn, what is wrong?”

She just shook her head and hugged me even tighter. “Jenn, please. Tell me what you are thinking.”

“Nothing.” She let go of me and smiled to me. She turned her back to me and continued walking. I grabbed hold of her and locked her in my arms. I nuzzled into her neck and the both of us stood in that position for a while.

“Jenn, what is wrong?”

She took a step away from me and looked down. She started playing with her fingers again.

“Jay, you will always be by my side right?” She asked.

“Yes. I will always be by your side.” I replied without hesitant.

“Even I might not be good enough, you will not abandon me right?” She is feeling insecure. I held her face up to look at me.

“Jenn, you are good to me. I will not abandon you.”

She smiled at me. “That would be enough for me.” She turned around and continued walking.

“Jenn!” I grabbed her and turned her around. “Jenn, what are you talking about?”

“Just let me stay by your side. There may be some reasons why that my parents didn’t want me. I know I may not be good enough. But just let me stay by your side.”

I hugged her tightly. Why does she suddenly get so emotional?

“Jenn, I will only stay with you. I will be with you forever. I’m not going anywhere. I will always be at the place where you can see me. I will only love you.” I looked at her.

“I love you.” I said again.

“I love you too.”

Hey guys, I'm sorry I'm still writing on Jay and Jenn. Just grew to love them too!! I promise I will carry on with the story soon and stop looking back to the past. =) Just bear with me for a little while more.

Vote and comment if you like!