The First Secret

Começar do início

"Did we just get invited to Noel Kahn's Halloween bash?" Hanna shrieked excitedly.

"I'm a little embarrassed by how excited you girls are," Ali snapped.

"Yeah, it's just a party," Isabel added. A stupid party.

"Isabel, it's not just a party," Spencer said, smiling at her.

"It's the party," Aria agreed.

"You're right," Ali nodded, and they started along again. "And I'm happy we'll be there together." She paused. "We should get ready together."

"Spence, you've got the biggest bedroom. Let's have it there," Isabel suggested as they turned a corner.

"Is that cool?" Spencer asked Ali.

"Yeah," Ali nodded. "Okay."

"Hold up," Emily said loudly, and they all stopped. "I think there's somebody in there." She looked at the creepy abandoned house.

"Are you just trying to scare us?" Hanna frowned.

"No, I swear, I just saw someone in the window," Emily insisted.

"Well, kids go in there all the time around Halloween,"Spencer said uncomfortably.

"It's like a rite of passage in this town," Isabel agreed, glancing back at that wretched house.

"I wish they'd just tear this place down already," Aria huffed. "Every time I walk by here I get the creeps."

"It's just an ugly old house, Aria," Alison scoffed.

"I can't explain it. I just... I feel like something really bad happened here," Aria said thoughtfully.

"There's nobody in there," Spencer replied. "Come on."

-

Isabel and Ali set their trays down at the lunch table. Hanna, Emily, and Aria were already there.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Hanna grinned as Isabel sat down.

"Tell us what?" Ali asked.

"Hi, you guys!" Mona exclaimed, walking up to them. Isabel smiled and gave her a small wave.

"If you ignore it, it will go away," Ali huffed. Mona's face fell, and she left dejectedly.

"Ben's telling people we had sex," Emily explained.

"What?" Spencer snapped, sitting down.

"And he's still breathing because...?" Isabel scoffed.

"It's true," Aria answered, glancing at Emily for conformation.

"I can't believe Emily lost her 'V' before any one of us did," Hanna whispered to Ali.

"Why is that so hard to believe?" Emily frowned.

"I didn't mean anything by it, I just thought you were a prude," Hanna shrugged.

"Shy on the streets... Sexy in the sheets," Ali smirked. "I knew there was something different about you." Emily beamed at her proudly.

-

Isabel knocked on the DiLaurentis's house. Ali had invited her over to talk about costumes. As she waited for someone to answer the door, Isabel noticed a package addressed to Ali on the porch and picked it up.

"Hey," Jason said when he answered the door. "Do come in." And she did. "Is that a gift?"

"Uh, no. I found it on the porch," Isabel explained. She tossed it to Jason, and he caught it. "Is it yours?"