It stopped after a few seconds. "Yes, I dare. You don't intimidate me." He took another step forward. "You have long since lost sight of your true goals. You wanted to make the world better. Sadly, you were led astray." There was sympathy in his eyes.

Nagato suddenly gasped. 'Does he mean?'

"I didn't come to kill you." He took another step forward. "I came to make you a promise."

"A promise?" He narrowed his eyes. "What are you promising?"

"To fulfill your original goal." He smiled. "I've already started. I gave the Jinchuriki a home. A family. Much like what you tried with the original Akasuki."

A warmth filled his cold body. He looked at the blonde and saw Yahiko. His friend. "I see." He smiled. "But first, there is something I must do for you." He removed his hands from the metal covers and put them together.

'What is he doing?' Naruto raised an eyebrow.

A soft green glow formed around his hands.

Thanks to Sage mode still activated, Naruto could feel people being brought back. "What jutsu is that?"

"Rinnirebirth." Konan looked sadly at her friend. "He is the 7th path. The most powerful path."

Nagato's hair turned white. "I shall believe in you, Naruto Uzumaki."

《•~~~•》

Konan wrapped paper around the Deva Path.

"What are you going to do now?" Naruto looked at her, Sage mode deactivated.

"I still need to think." She smiled and created a bouquet of paper roses. She offered it to him. "Nagato put his trust in you, so I will do the same."

The blonde took the bouquet. "I see."

Konan nodded. "Until we meet again, Naruto Uzumaki. The Nine Tails Jinchuriki and the leader of the Jinchuriki Alliance."

《•~~~•》

Naruto put the paper bouquet at the grave of Jariya, along with a copy of his first book. Tales of the Incredibly Gutsy Ninja.

Are you okay, kit? Kurama asked.

"I'll be okay." He put his hands together and paid respect. "Let's head back."

Don't you think you should rest first? The fox leaned down. You just traveled miles and fought six powerful opponents.

"I'm fine." He insisted.

Naruto started walking.

After an hour, he wasn't far from the village. However, he was about to collapse.

He rested a hand on a tree, panting.

Kit! Kurama almost screamed as his host's knees buckled.

Naruto hit the back of his teacher. "Huh?" He muttered.

"Good job." Kakashi said.

"Kakashi-sensei." He smiled

"Stay still. I'll carry you."

Naruto leaned against his teacher, a soft smile on his face. 'Thanks, sensei.'

Didn't he just come back from the dead? Kurama thought, blocking his thoughts from Naruto. He really cares about his students.

As he walked, Kakashi looked at his student. 'He's gotten heavier.'

They came to the edge of the village, and everyone was cheering. At the front of the crowd were Sakura, Hinata, Sasuke, Shikamaru, and many other of his classmates.

"What?" He muttered. "How?"

Katsuyu crawled out from his cloak. "I repaid everything that transpired during your battle with Pain."

"Naruto!" A number of kids ran up to him as he got off Kakashi's back.

They crowded around him and asked question after question.

"Hey, calm down!" He laughed.

Sasuke smiled as his friends dealt with the kids. 'You've come so far, Naruto.'

Iruka held back tears as he watched the village people cheer Naruto on. They started tossing him into the air. 'You've done it, Naruto. You got everyone to truly believe in you.'

(And done. I know this took forever to come out, but I got it done. The next few chapters are going to be SasuNaru fluff. It's high time for it. I just need to figure it out. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you some other time!)