Ch. 51

Naruto was blasted back. He flipped a few times and slammed into the ground a few times before he was able to grab the ground with a Chakra Claw. 'What is this?! Is this what destroyed the Leaf?'

Katsuyu reappeared on his shoulder. "This. Is the power that the Deva Path has. It seems that he needed time to recharge his ability after destroying the village. Normally, it takes three seconds to recharge."

The push stopped, and Naruto got to his feet. 'This is going to make things a lot harder. Kurama, what do you think?'

Hmm. Kurama glared at Pain. We still need to find the main body, but there's no way he's going to tell us.

Naruto looked at the black Chakra receivers. 'What about the Chakra receivers? I might be able to use Sage mode to find him.'

And how do you plan on getting one of them?

'Um.' Naruto adjusted his ponytail. 'No clue.'

Pain glared at him. "You and I both know this village has caused you pain. Why do you bother to protect it?"

The Uzumaki snorted. "What makes you think that I'm here to protect the village? I'm not here to do that. I'm here to protect the people. The people you have killed. The people have survived. YOU are the one who is causing the pain I have. And that is why YOU are my target."

The orange haired man showed no emotion. "What about the Jinchuriki you want to protect?"

Naruto smiled. "I figured you would come. I made sure that they aren’t here. They are under strict orders NOT to try and save me. You can't absorb the Nine Tails before any of the other Jinchuriki. If I kill you, I can protect them." Naruto actived Jin cloak V2. 'I think I can speed blitz him.'

Pain narrowed his eyes. "So you are ready. Let's go!" He turned and raced off.

'OH no, you don't.' Naruto charged after him.

He's trying to lead you somewhere! Kurama warned. Don't fall for it!

'You think I don't know that?' Naruto vaulted over a rock. 'I still need to catch him.'

They ran.

And they ran.

'Is he trying to get closer to the main body?' Naruto wondered.

I think he's going to do Chibaku Tensei. Kurama suggested. To get out of it, you would need to make the Chakra form, then dispell it.'

'That's going to use a lot of Chakra for him.' Naruto thought.

It's worth a shot. Defeating the Deva Path will let us get a rod and find the real one.

Naruto lost sight of Pain. 'He's hiding.' He put his hand up to find his enemy.

When he found Pain, he was letting a small black ball float to the sky. 'Is that it?'

Yep. Kurama smirked. He has no idea what's coming.

'I still need to act.' Naruto widened his eyes in fake shock as the ground started to rise. The chunk of rock he was on started to float.

It was still a little scary and almost impossible to keep balance, but he managed.

Naruto let himself he encased in rock. He was sending out thin waves of Chakra to keep an eye on Pain.

The Deva Path lowered its arms. "The Nine Tails has been captured."

Naruto smirked. "Let's go, Kurama!" He flouded his body with Chakra and formed the Nine Tails. He started digging his way out of the powerful jutsu.

Pain's eyes widened. "He digging his way out of Chibaku Tensei. I'll need to make it bigger.

Naruto made the form vanish, and he jumped from the meter.

"It vanished." Pain followed Naruto with his eyes. "Is he able to control the Nine Tails?"

Naruto charged at Pain, a Rasengan already in his hand.

Pain snarled. He let Naruto get close before he stuck his hand out. "Allmightly Push!"

Naruto tumbled away. However, after landing on the ground, a few times, he went up in a puff of smoke.

Pain's eyes widened. 'A Shadow Clone? When did he make that?'

"It's over, Pain!" The Deva Path looked up just in time to see Naruto slam a Rasengan into his face.

Katsuyu came out of his clock. "That was terrifying. I thought I might die."

"Sorry." Naruto knelt down and pulled a Chakra rod out. With Sage mode still activated, he stabbed himself in his hand.

Pain's Chakra flooded from the rode. Naruto tracked it to a tree made of millions of sheets of paper.

He smiled. "Found you."

Katsuyu looked at him. "Are you going to bring some backup?"

Naruto shook his head. "No. I need to speak with Pain alone."

"You're going to talk to him? Why?"

Naruto looked in the direction of the tree. "He has a jutsu that can revive the villagers. I need to make him do that. I can only do that alone."

"Al-alright."

Naruto let the rode fall. He looked at the Deva Path. He waved a few sighs before he put a hand on the body. 'Fuinjutsu. Full body seal.'

He stood up. 'Let's move. Hopefully, no one comes after me.'

(This chapter was hard to write. I hope you liked it, even if it is a little bit shorter. I've gotten questions, and the next chapter will be answering them.)