Ch. 50

While Naruto was in meditation, he could sense a frog hopping to him and Fukasaku.

"Master Fukasaku! We just got word that the Hidden Leaf is under attack by the Akasuki!"

Naruto's eyes snapped open. He was in Sage mode, so he had the orange pigment around his eyes, but his eyes themselves were bright red. "What?" His voice was colder than ice.

Both frogs flinched. It was generally bad when Naruto's voice was like that.

Fukasaku looked at Naruto. "As you have mastered Sage mode, I believe that you can fight Pain on equal footing."

Naruto nodded. "Let me change."

《•~~~•》

Shima slammed her hand into the scroll. "Reverse Summoning Justu!"

In a puff of smoke, Naruto and a number of other toads were summoned. This included Gamabunta, in the middle, Gamaken, on the left, Gamahiro, on the right, Gamakichi on Gamabunta, with Naruto on him. Fukasaku was at Naruto's feet.

Naruto was in full Sage mode, arms crossed, tails spread, and ears straight up.

He looked around. They looked like they were in a massive creator. 'We were supposed to be summoned to the Leaf. Where are we?'

Gamabunta snorted. "Where's the enemy we're supposed to be fighting?"

Shima jumped to them. Her eyes were sad.

Fukasaku looked at her. "I thought you were summoning us to the Hidden Leaf?"

"This IS the Hidden Leaf." She gestured around. "Look."

As the dust cleared, Naruto saw the Hokage Rock. Their stone faces slightly chipped.

Rage filled Naruto. "Where. Is. Pain?"

Six small figures landed in the center of the creator. Naruto got a look with Sage mode and realized they were the six paths of pain.

Tsunade landed in the creator as well. She stood in between them and the paths of pain.

She was breathing hard. Naruto looked at her Chakra and saw that she had released her hundred healing seal.

"Tsunade?" Fukasaku said quietly.

"I. Am the hokage." She breathed out. "You have caused so much destruction."

An ANBU member landed next to her. "Lady Tsunade..."

She narrowed her eyes. "I will settle this now as Hokage!"

The lead pain, the Deva Path, narrowed his own eyes. "It seems you understand a little bit about pain. However, my business is not with you."

The Asura Path lunged forward as the Deva Path continued to talk. "The one i seak..."

The Asura Path was suddenly smashed into the ground.

"IS ME!"

Tsunade's eyes widened as she gasped. Standing in front of her, showing both traits from Minato and Jariya, a scroll on his back, just above nine orange tails, was the person they had sent away to protect.

Naruto. And he was mad.

The Deva Path looked at him. "The Nine Tails has arrived. Surrender yourself for peace."

Tsunade looked at Naruto. "Naruto..."

"Gamakichi!"

The toad landed just behind Tsunade.

"Take Tsunade-oba-chan to safety. I'll handle things from here."

"Gottcha!"

"Naruto, there's no way you can fight them alone." Tsunade protested.